Is this seat outgrown (RFing)?

Mom2FiveGirls

photo.jpg

I'm just curious. I'm horrible at judging the 1 inch thing. It looks outgrown from the front, but from the side, maybe not? I pulled the cover down, so the cover is even with the top of the shell, kwim? The cover isn't poofed up any/much at all. The seat expires on 8/13 (isn't britax 6 years from DOM? The DOM is 8/13/04). A mom in a mom's group I'm in was giving it away free and I got it (I figured I'd rather me get it and not use it than her give it to someone who would use it even after August). And I've never played with a britax seat and wanted to sit the girls in it, play with it, install it, etc :) DH says I'm officially obsessed :) And it really was a dream to install!

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

It looks very close to outgrown - maybe a half an inch or so. I probably wouldn't use it with that little bit of room left.

How fun for you though, even if your DH thinks you are crazy. :D

Mom2FiveGirls

Thanks. DH is a good sport about it though :) He was even okay with us stopping at every Target we saw on the way to the beach this weekend so I could try to find a cheap RA50! And I don't even need another car seat!

Mom2FiveGirls

Here she is in the seat installed...

(FTR, I know the chest clip is a little too high and the harness might not have been tight enough. I just installed the seat and sat her in it to take the pictures since we were rearranging seats in the truck anyway :) )

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

JerseyGirl'sMama

Looks like she has a bit more room now that it is installed. I would say closer to an inch and a half. :thumbsup:

ETA: I don't think the retainer clip is too high and although the harness looks plenty tight, it appears it might be above her shoulders (but it could just be the shot, kinda hard to see.)

Mae

The seat expires on 8/13 (isn't britax 6 years from DOM? The DOM is 8/13/04).

Britax has a six year life span, but if the DOM is 8/13/04, then it expires 8/13/10 -- so in two months. If it expired on 8/13, that would be a nine year lifespan.

Unless I'm missing something...? Double check your DOM, then add six years. That's the expiration date.

Mom2FiveGirls

Thanks! I was shocked at how much more room she has with it installed. Her sister buckled her in (since we weren't going anywhere) and I didn't even check to see if the harness was correct or not. Although, l she will definitely let you know if she doesn't think she's buckled tightly enough. :)

Mom2FiveGirls

Britax has a six year life span, but if the DOM is 8/13/04, then it expires 8/13/10 -- so in two months. If it expired on 8/13, that would be a nine year lifespan.

Unless I'm missing something...? Double check your DOM, then add six years. That's the expiration date.

I'm confused...which doesn't take much these days :) The DOM is 8/13/04...so it expires on 8/13/10...so in 2 months. Correct?

Mae

I'm confused...which doesn't take much these days :) The DOM is 8/13/04...so it expires on 8/13/10...so in 2 months. Correct?

I'm 99.9% sure. 8/13/04. The 8 is the month, the 13 is the day, the 04 is the year. So you'd add six years, which would make it expire on August 13th, 2010.

Splash

She said 8/13, meaning August 13, 2010 implied. Not august 2013.

She's got loads of room installed.

Mom2FiveGirls

She said 8/13, meaning August 13, 2010 implied. Not august 2013
She's got loads of room installed.

Thanks! I couldn't figure out where the confusion was coming from. I re-read my post several times and just couldn't get it because I knew what I meant. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC