WWYD? A question about the Roundabout50

Notaclue

I just got a Roundabout 50 at Target for $50!!! I guess I don't really NEED the seat, but I could not let it sit there for that price so I bought it. My question is, WWYD with it?

DD is 3 years old, currently rf in a BV that we bought in late 2005 (not sure what month). She is only 26lbs, and 36in tall (not sure of her torso height). The BV she is in has a 33lb rf limit, the BR50 I just got RF to 35lbs. At her current rate of growth I don't think those 2 lbs matter all that much because she would probably be 12 or so before she hits the limits ;) We don't really need a spare seat because dh smokes in his car :mad: and I will not allow the kids to ride in it, and the kids never ride with anyone else (if they do, the person would take my van).

So I was trying to figure out what to do with my great deal? Is the shell on the BR50 the same height as the BV? Or is it shorter, like the old Roundabouts? Would you sell the BR50 and maybe make some money off of it, or would you keep it for when the BV expires and use it for dd then (probably ff at that point honestly)? At this point she is the youngest child, so there is no baby to pass the seat down to.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The RA50, Marathon, and Boulevard have similar shells. I would not normally recommend purchasing a Britax convertible for forward-facing use -- be aware that your daughter probably won't make it anywhere close to 50# in it -- but at that price, sure, keep it and use it.

jjordan

Do you have any nieces or nephews? Any good friends with little ones? Anyone at all you could give it to?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Great deal. To give you another idea, you could post it in the designated Swap area of the forum if you opt not to keep it. I had to edit out a would-be swapper's post from here per the forum's swap guidelines about keeping swap content in the designated Swap area and/or via PMs, so I'm guessing you'll have interest if you pursue that route, lol. Just remember to abide by the Swap guidelines, everyone, and post about ISO/FS seats over in Carseat Swap or communicate via PM. :)

HappyMommy

Maybe you could use it for travel? The RA50 is lighter than the MA and the BV and therefore is a good choice for travel. I think the RA50 weighs about 15lbs whereas the other seats weigh about 20lbs.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
The RA50, Marathon, and Boulevard have similar shells. I would not normally recommend purchasing a Britax convertible for forward-facing use -- be aware that your daughter probably won't make it anywhere close to 50# in it -- but at that price, sure, keep it and use it.

Kids will make it a lot closer to that 50lb limit than the 65lb on the MA or BLVD

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I agree that 50# is realistic for many kids, but based on the OP's child's stats, it may not be realistic for *that* child.

Notaclue

Thanks guys. I think with potty training coming up (yes, she still isn't pt'd) it might be a good idea to have a spare seat so I am going to keep it as a spare. I am totally expecting her to outgrow the seat by height before weight (my son used the BV before and outgrew it well before 65lbs) so that's ok. I just figured that since we couldn't really get any other seat for $50 it was definately worth it! I just wasn't sure if the harness height and shell were as tall as the MA now or not. I know the old RA's were pretty small. But yeah, we have used a Britax seat ff before and had no issues or complaints with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC