Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

Re: RA50 $49.98 at Target!

OK... I just went to look on CL for a different cover and I type in Britax... The first three ads that pop up are for a NIP Britax Roundabout 50 for $125. I find it wrong that people go out and buy these seats JUST to resell them for profit. *sigh*
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Laurette View Post
    OK... I just went to look on CL for a different cover and I type in Britax... The first three ads that pop up are for a NIP Britax Roundabout 50 for $125. I find it wrong that people go out and buy these seats JUST to resell them for profit. *sigh*
    Why? Just because it is a life saving device? Really, that's retail. Britax is a for profit company as are all the stores that sell their products. Why not an individual selling for profit? If I picked one up, I'd sell for profit too!
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

I'd just rather see them go to someone who really needed them. :/
    Former CPST/Mommy to

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

that's exactly what I would have been doing. In fact, I was just about to say, "good for you for leaving one because I certainly wouldn't have."

okay, maybe not this time. dd is about to outgrow her CCO and I do love Britax seats for rf. but I often resell clearance gear for profit.

CPS Technician CrunchyMaineMama's Avatar

Hmmm...the locater thing says none in stock at the stores near me I might check tomorrow though just in case since my babysitting LO will need a new seat in her dad's car soon since it's going to expire...
    Rachel-CPST & Mom to 4 Now!
    J-7 Recaro Performance/Nauti, A-4.5 Frontier 85/Nauti, O-3.5 RFing Size4Me/RXT and M-3.5, RFing Size4Me/RXT

Thank goodness I have a minivan Now my nephew has a seat for my car!

I'd just rather see them go to someone who really needed them. :/
    Just another viewpoint...

What if the person reselling them for profit really needs the money?

What if the person that really needs a seat they can afford would have never known about the clearance, or been at their Target at the exact moment they had any left in stock for $49?

What if that $100-$125 Roundabout 50 on their craigslist new in box IS a good deal for them and they are ecstatic to get the seat for that cheap of a price?

It's a good deal for everyone involved...well except for maybe Target

Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

As far as the markdowns go....My Target told me that they can markdown any day, and it's not just Mondays. I happen to be there exactly when they were in the "baby section" marking stuff down. So when I called, the seat was $139, but when I got there it was $49. Oh, and it WASN'T in the clearance area at all.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

I "get" it. I just thought it was odd. :/
    Former CPST/Mommy to

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    As far as the markdowns go....My Target told me that they can markdown any day, and it's not just Mondays. I happen to be there exactly when they were in the "baby section" marking stuff down. So when I called, the seat was $139, but when I got there it was $49. Oh, and it WASN'T in the clearance area at all.
    Why did you have to tell me that?!?!? Now I'm going to have to gimp down there everyday this week!!! Still $139.98 today at the scanner
    Verla Renae~SAHM to my 5 babies!
    T - 09/02/01 D - 09/15/02 S - 05/28/05 C - 08/26/07 R - 11/22/08

The "stay at home mom" part of me likes to/has to find creative ways of making extra money.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

No luck here. I've checked 2 targets in my area. Neither of them have any Britax's at all, not even marathons. I thought that was so weird.
    April Senior checker / Special needs trained
    DD1 10.5yrs Harmony cruz
    DD2 6.5yrs PKWY SG
    DD3 5yrs FF GN

I called all the stores in a 45 minute radius from me and all said the same thing - it was clearanced and we sold out.
    Carly
    mom to Bram [10 years/32lbs/41" - BT 3-in-1 & Nauti]
    ...and TTC an excuse to buy a new seat since 2/2013

There was one at my Target last week for $139 called today and it is gone, I don't need it but my husband works with a few women who had babies in the last 6 months and I'm sure one of them would have loved it for $49!

Though I guess I could try and sell them my RA50 in a few months to help me fund a new britax LOL!
    Jen CPST-I
    DS1: 7 years 43# 49" Monterey, Probooster, Turbo SS DS2: 5 years 36# 41" Recaro Prosport, Frontier 85 and BV70

Carseat Crazy

I kind of agree. There's something annoying or a little icky to me about people selling them for $135 after buying them for $49. Especially when people are running around trying to find them who need them... I mean who doesn't need money these days? Maybe I'm just too tired to do stuff like that...

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    I mean who doesn't need money these days? Maybe I'm just too tired to do stuff like that...
    I'm uninterested in doing stuff like that too.

But you're right that everyone needs money these days -- so those folks who are willing to put the time and effort into doing the legwork that someone else is too tired to do deserve to be compensated for that time and effort.

I'd likely feel differently if there was a penicillin shortage and people were running a black market. But a Britax seat is not a necessity. Nobody NEEDS a Britax seat. I'm more or less okay with a free market for luxury goods.
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post
    I'm uninterested in doing stuff like that too.

But you're right that everyone needs money these days -- so those folks who are willing to put the time and effort into doing the legwork that someone else is too tired to do deserve to be compensated for that time and effort.

I'd likely feel differently if there was a penicillin shortage and people were running a black market. But a Britax seat is not a necessity. Nobody NEEDS a Britax seat. I'm more or less okay with a free market for luxury goods.
    True - I should have added that I don't begrudge the people who do it. I just don't have the time or energy to do so! Plus, I feel like maybe I'm doing something good in the universe by leaving that last seat for some needy mama to buy at the same price I was lucky enough to snatch it at with no upcharge

I snatched up two here in So Cal I tried to get three but one was a different color but was marked at the sale price. It rang up at $199.99 so I didn't get it.

The first Target I went to said they had 4 in the computer but could not find a single one in the stock room or in front. The second had 2, which I bought. I might check the 3rd Target in my area too, I know lots of moms!
    DS 1/2009, DD 2/2011
    Britax Frontier & Turbo Booster SS
    Cruising in a 2015 Pilot and 2002 Jeep Liberty

Carseat Crazy

So I decided to just go back up there, and it was a good call! There was one seat NOT marked down, in a different pattern, but there were two that did scan $49.95.

I got them both. One will probably end up on CL, the other will eventually replace DD2's MA that expires next year.

Score!
    Karen
    Mom to Al 11, Re 10, Ro 10, So 7, and An 4.

Just a heads up, my mom has been scouring Targets in her area and talking to the salespeople there. They told her if a store has only 1 of an item in inventory, when clearance time comes, they won't clearance the last remaining item in inventory. So if your store only had 1 left when clearane time came it may not get marked down.

I left the second $49.98 one that my store had, hoping someone in need does pick it up. I'd be sad to see someone profiting off it on CL or eBay.

There were no more left by the time I got there, and I went to the other store even though the online locator said they were out of stock and I even called them earlier today, I just had to double check for myself.

My nephew's wife who has been asking me about car seat stuff and who was going to save up for a Radian XTSL has been checking her Target for a few weeks, she said she wanted the Radian more but this deal was tempting. I sent her a facebook message today telling her they were on sale and one of the stores near-ish to them said limited stock. Before I heard back from her, I called that store myself, and was told they didn't have it. Well, obviously they did, because my nephew got it! They thanked me for the heads up and they are so excited, so thats good at least. I just asked her if he got the last one or if there were more, I'm waiting to hear from them now.
    That store is like 50 miles from me so I'm not going down there, but if they have another maybe I can get them to go snag one for me or send my mom to get it.

Oh, and there is one on CL for $115 in my city.

ETA, my nephew got the last one at that store. At least out of the two of us, they got it since they didn't have any convertible seat for their baby at all yet.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.