Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: RA50 $49.98 at Target!

my nearest targets are out of stock, and the ones an hour away say limited... poo, maybe dh can check tomorrow after work
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by AmbersMommy View Post
    Ones at my closest store are still $139. The gal told me baby markdowns happen on Monday and since they were not marked down today, check next week..
    So weird... I don't like that Target does that. I would check first thing next Monday morning - that's definitely the markdown day!

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Anne just called, she found 3 of them but they are only at $99 right now.
    I think I'll take the car the rest of the week to keep checking on them. $99 is still a good price, but since I don't NEED it then I'd rather wait until they are $49. I think I'll call the store that is supposed to be out and just ask them to look for them, sometimes those stock things are a little inacurate, and if they DO have one, dh could stop by on his way home.
    Holly, did they actually scan the box/input the numbers? Sometimes it's less but not marked down yet...

OT - Is it okay to use something like this since it doesn't have any strap covers?
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2967803
    (I don't see why it wouldn't be, but I always like to ask you guys first).
    Last edited by poohbear; 06-07-2010 at 02:03 PM.

CPS Technician

I just got 2 of them and am trying to get one more. I went this morning and they were still $139. When I got home I decided to call just in case after seeing this thread and they said they were indeed $49. I sent my sister to pick them up. One was marked $139 and the other wasn't marked at all.

I called another target in my area and they said they had one for $49 as well. I am going to try to have my dad pick it up on his way home.

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

I just went to target and they didn't have any. I wen't on Thursday and there were two at 25% off. I am bummed... Gonna go look at some more Targets. *fingers crossed*
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

Senior Community Member 3acorns4Christy's Avatar
    A person's a person no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss

Mines are gone. BUT I did score 2 pairs of Carters and one of Paul Frank jammies for Sophia for 1.75 each. And Joel some Clone Wars and Daytona racing jammies for 3.48!

Joel - 9y nbb Pia - 6y maestro
    Henry 3y, nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    Holly, did they actually scan the box/input the numbers? Sometimes it's less but not marked down yet...
    She took them to a price scanner to double check before heading to check out.

Hey, when they mark them down, is that done in the computer or do they have to go and scan each one to mark it down?
    If I bought one now for $100 and waited a week or so when they should be $50 even if they sellout before they'd go to $50, could I go return it and have my dh or Anne turn around and buy it again and have it ring up $50?
    Does that make sense?

If I buy one or two now for $100 each, and therefore they sell out of them, will the price go down in their system even if they are sold out?
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    my nearest targets are out of stock, and the ones an hour away say limited... poo, maybe dh can check tomorrow after work
    You may still want to call (or stop in if it's not too far away), I don't know how reliable the locator is (it seemed to be pretty good for the Chicagoland area, but who knows!?)

Also, if you call, I wouldn't trust what they say about the price unless they actually SCAN it. Someone on another thread reported that they told her that the seat was FULL price, but she went in anyway - turns out they just hadn't marked it yet - it was 49.98...
    HTH!
    ETA = Holly, you must have been typing at the same time as me - sorry! I think they continue to mark down whether they have it or not. So if someone returned one that they had bought at $139.99 and the store had none, when they put it back out, I believe it would be $49.98.... The problem is you have to actually wait for them to put it back out on the floor, which might not be right away. I guess you could have one of them wait behind you to return something else and say "hey, wait, I want that - can I buy it?" Ha ha.

That might be an option then. I really want to get one of these! I may just do that, if it would work.

ETA:

"The problem is you have to actually wait for them to put it back out on the floor, which might not be right away. I guess you could have one of them wait behind you to return something else and say "hey, wait, I want that - can I buy it?" Ha ha"

Yep, that's exactly what I'd do!
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Carseat Crazy

I went to the Target close to where I am visiting right now and nothing seemed to be marked down. After reading this I thought maybe I should have had someone scan one, so I called and asked what they scanned. She said $199, but I don't know whether she scanned it or just looked at the shelf. Oh well, not that I really need one right now.
    Karen
    Mom to Al 11, Re 10, Ro 10, So 7, and An 4.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    That might be an option then. I really want to get one of these! I may just do that, if it would work.

ETA:

"The problem is you have to actually wait for them to put it back out on the floor, which might not be right away. I guess you could have one of them wait behind you to return something else and say "hey, wait, I want that - can I buy it?" Ha ha"

Yep, that's exactly what I'd do!
    DId they have more than one? Maybe you buy one to be safe and then you check next week if they have another. To be safe I'd wait two weeks to return. Then make sure you buy something else on a different receipt to have DH or a friend return and then ask about the item to buy it. I'm sure the teenage sales clerk with the streaked hair and body piercings won't care. One less thing for her to do before her shift ends!

FWIW - I was ready to buy mine at $99, which is what I was checking for. I was SHOCKED that it was $49!

Senior Community Member aclayton74's Avatar

My closest target in Valparaiso, Indiana has one at $139 and the Target in Gurnee, Illinois has 4 at $139 as of yesterday. I am going to keep my eye on them!!

Amy!! Mom to
    Anthony-21, Daniel-18
    BOTH DRIVING!!
    Aiden-8 RN65/RNXT

Yeah, Anne said they had 3 when she was there. I called the store about 15 minutes ago to see if maybe they reduced the price later in the day, and they said they had 2 for $99 each. So I'm going to head over there and try to get one today after dh goes to his 2nd job, I'll have to take dh to work to have the car, but thats not a big deal. I'll call Anne before I go and see if she wants me to pick up one for her too if they still have at least two.

ETA, this will be great, then I won't have to stalk them each day!
    Mom to:

Carseat Crazy

I just got the last one in Spokane for $49.98. I'm sooo excited. DS loves it and it is very pretty! I always loved our Roundabout but don't like that his head is over the top (even though it still fits him). This one just makes me feel better because it is taller. And for such a great price, I can put the other one in my daughters car for the occassional time she needs to transport him. That is so much easier than shuffling seats.

Tell me I have no reason to drive an hour and a half for a seat for a child that I don't have.

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Tell me I have no reason to drive an hour and a half for a seat for a child that I don't have.
    You have no reason to drive an hour and a half for a seat for a child that you don't have!
    DD1: 13, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 9, Chicco KidFit, HBTB
    DD2: 6, ffing RA50

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

I thought I posted from my Iphone... but you know how that goes.

I scored!! I found three priced at $49.95 and snatched up two of them. My DD is playing with the buckles as I type. I'm so happy! My mom has been wanting a better seat since she only has a scerena and the straps allways seem to twist when she puts DD in.

Yayayyyyy!
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

CPS Technician

Yeah! My dad just called and was able to get the third one!

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Utahns, it was still $139 at Ft Union (checked at the scanner).

and you don't have to drag boxes over. You can just enter the DPCI with the keypad on the right of the screen. It's 030-09-1930 (no dashes when you enter it).

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by aclayton74 View Post
    My closest target in Valparaiso, Indiana has one at $139 and the Target in Gurnee, Illinois has 4 at $139 as of yesterday. I am going to keep my eye on them!!
    Gurnee may have marked down this am. I got mine near there. They were $139 yesterday and this morning they were marked down
    someone on Slickdeals posted that Lafayette IN has 2 for $49 as of noon today.