Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Carseat Crazy

RA50 $49.98 at Target!

I thought I would start a new thread since I'm guessing this may be a more consistent markdown (some Targets apparently just skipped over the 50% off) and the old thread we've been posting in says 139.98.
    This morning my Target had the RA50 in Sutton (DPCI 030091930 if you want to do a store locator for an idea if your local store has them http://services.rivernorthdesign.com/target/) for $49.98
    (markdown must have been this am because I was there yesterday and they were still $139.98 and the markdown crew was out and about the store).
    Anyway, obviously YMMV, but worth a shot if you need one!
    GL

ETA- Crunchy - obviously I still cannot get that cool link thing to work! ha ha
    Last edited by poohbear; 06-07-2010 at 01:03 PM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: RA50 $49.98 at Target!

awesome! Monday is the usual baby/kid markdown day. my local store didn't even have them at $139.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    awesome! Monday is the usual baby/kid markdown day. my local store didn't even have them at $139.
    Glad to know I haven't missed any amazing deals. I was near a Target on Saturday, but decided I'd rather go home than go shopping.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

I don't have my car today but I want to go check the 2 Targets closest to me so bad!
    I was just at one of them on Friday and they had 3 still at $139.
    I didn't check the other store.
    With that locater thing, if it's accurate, it says the store I checked on friday is out of stock but available at the other one. I SOOOO bad wish I had the car! I really really want one of these seats!
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Holly, I called and as of 8 this morning Riverdale had 4 in stock. Not sure on the price, though. Sometimes we're a week or two behind.

7. Thank You from:

Thanks! I can't get over there until 5 or later today, but I'm checking to see if Anne can go check earlier.

ETA, did you call the other stores? Some say limited availibility, I wonder if they still have some near where you are (If you are trying to find one for you)
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

I just called WJ and they can look at all the stores in the area. They and JL were out (as I already knew from shopping there last week). South Jordan and Ft Union may have had one each. Same with American Fork, but I'm not driving down there. In fact, I probably won't even go to Ft. Union. I'm supposed to meet a friend in Bountiful for lunch.

Booo All my Targets are out of stock.

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

Thanks! I was planning on going to look for them today! So excited!
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

Senior Community Member solmama's Avatar

Thank you! I just ran to Target and got one for my niece....when she's out of the infant bucket! Thank you so, so much!
    DD-12 years, 68"
    DS-10 years, 60"

A few Target's near me say limited availability. Tell me I don't need this. I sold my MA, but still have extra covers. I could use that instead of the Titan when my RN loan is over. And Sofi still fits....she's 29-32Lbs.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

So excited mine were marked down to $49.98 today after being at $99.98 late last week. I got 2 for DS. He'll fit for a long time - he's only 15 lbs at nearly a year!
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

I am so mad that I didn't take my car today! I was going to, but didn't. Dh was going to check the Target close to his school on his lunch, but thats the one that is sold out (at least according to the website).
    Dh gets off today at 4 and has to work his 2nd job at 5, so I won't have time to go inbetween his jobs. I'll have to take him and pick him up, but that means not getting to Target until like 5:30 or so, if they are only $49 there right now, I don't know if I can expect to find one still.
    GRRRR! I should have taken my car! I'm so glad we'll have 2 vehicles after July so I can just up and go somewhere without having to plan.
    Oh, and I can't find my cell phone so I can't call Anne. I don't know her phone number, it's programmed in my cell, so I can't call her from my house phone.
    Mom to:

CPS Technician

Centerville is out Crunchy, I just called them Darn, I was gonna send Grandma to pick one up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Caleb 11 yrs. 70lbs. 55" 5-steps Megan 8.5 yrs. 45lbs. 48" Harmony Literider
    Grace 6 yrs. 40lbs. 42" Nautilus
    Cameron 4 yrs. 34lb. 39" Radian XTSL
    Sally born 4/28 SR35, Zach born 4/28 Combi Coccoro

YAY! I found an old PM with Anne's number so I just called her. She's going there right now to get me one (and one for her for the grandparent's car).
    I SOOOO hope they have not sold out yet and they really have marked them down to $49 at that store! Anne rocks!
    Mom to:

Carseat Crazy

I picked one up at my Target today for $49.98! It was $139 Friday. It was the last one left. Now, to use it as a replacement for the Wizard my 2.5 year old dd is using. It expires in a year. Or sell it to a friend. Hummm.... Its much lighter than I thought it would be. So I'm thinking maybe keep it and I can use it for travel when she outgrows the Scenera we use for travel now.

Anyone know when the average kid would outgrow this seat? She's on the 2nd slots from the top now and fits well in it but it seems small to me. I had to move the crotch strap all the way out. She's about 34 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    Holly, I called and as of 8 this morning Riverdale had 4 in stock. Not sure on the price, though. Sometimes we're a week or two behind.
    Do you call and ask about the seat? Or call and ask with the DPCI number?
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Ones at my closest store are still $139. The gal told me baby markdowns happen on Monday and since they were not marked down today, check next week..

Anne just called, she found 3 of them but they are only at $99 right now.
    I think I'll take the car the rest of the week to keep checking on them. $99 is still a good price, but since I don't NEED it then I'd rather wait until they are $49. I think I'll call the store that is supposed to be out and just ask them to look for them, sometimes those stock things are a little inacurate, and if they DO have one, dh could stop by on his way home.
    Mom to:

Carseat Crazy

I got two this morning! I was just coming on here to post a heads up, but looks like someone beat me to it. GL all!