RA50 $49.98 at Target!

Holly

The RA50s are listed as $199 at both Targets near me and I couldn't scan them while I was there. Hm. Maybe need to work harder to scan them as I would really like one. :)

Was it the sutton pattern or the stonehenge pattern? The sutton is the one on sale, the stonehenge is full price.

ADS

monstah

The RA50s are listed as $199 at both Targets near me and I couldn't scan them while I was there. Hm. Maybe need to work harder to scan them as I would really like one. :)

My DH wanted to know why I lied to him.... the box is clearly labeled $139. :p Definitely scan it before it does get correctly labeled!

poohbear

My DH wanted to know why I lied to him.... the box is clearly labeled $139. :p Definitely scan it before it does get correctly labeled!

Before you lug it to the scanner, as Holly pointed out, make sure it's the Sutton pattern and not the Stonehenge. Stonehenge, is indeed $199. Only Sutton is $49! Though, I'll bet in August Stonehenge will be getting a clearance pricetag...

kate4478

Before you lug it to the scanner, as Holly pointed out, make sure it's the Sutton pattern and not the Stonehenge. Stonehenge, is indeed $199. Only Sutton is $49! Though, I'll bet in August Stonehenge will be getting a clearance pricetag...

Lol, I got 1 sutton and 1 stonehenge both for $49.98! :D The cashier saw that they were both the same seat, so she only scanned one. If I would have know I would not have bought the stonehenge. I just assumed it was all roundabout 50's on sale!

lovinwaves

Sold two of the four I got. I kept one, and my sister kept one. I had been needing a convertible car seat for my van for my Nephew anyways.

Sold them for $100 a piece on Craigslist. The lady that bought them was so happy. Win win for everyone.

msg221

Just for the heck of it, I used that Target inventory locator to see what it would say and was surprised that the Target near my work said "limited availibility" especially because last week it said sold out. I called Target and sure enough, they said they had one. Since it was clearance they couldn't hold it for me so I had to hope nobody would buy it in the next two hours since I wasn't off work yet. I had to go buy some shock for our pool anyway, so I went to that Target and sure enough, they still had that RA50. It wasn't with the rest of the car seats but sitting with a crib that was on display. The box had been opened, but the seat was still in plastic and looked fine. I may just keep it as a spare seat, I'm not sure yet! It was just too good a deal to pass up!

crunchierthanthou

thanks for posting that, msg221. I checked mine last night after you updated and a store about 30 minutes away said limited inventory (after being out of stock last week). I looked again this morning and it still showed that it was in stock. I took a chance and drove down there. I scored two. :D

Cilia

I bought two last week I think it was and I just want one - maybe... So I was all geared up to sell it, but cannot get the box small enough to ship in for a good price. I need to shave off at least 2" and I do not see how I could do that. Has anyone here sold one and shipped it in the box for not that much?

msg221

thanks for posting that, msg221. I checked mine last night after you updated and a store about 30 minutes away said limited inventory (after being out of stock last week). I looked again this morning and it still showed that it was in stock. I took a chance and drove down there. I scored two. :D

You're welcome! Last week I went to one that said "limited inventory" and went down there and found nothing. Then I found the one yesterday. I checked again and that store from last week still says "limited inventory" so I called them up and was told that they did have one but when the Target employee went to check, she did not find any. So really, I wouldn't count on that invetory checker to be all that accurate. I would definitely call the store first. And if I happen to be at another Target, I may just check for the heck of it.

Target.com is still selling the Sutton at full price. I wonder if they will end up just sending their remaining inventory to stores to clearance out or just sell it on clearance online as well.

If I decide to keep it, I am definitely going to have to find a new cover. I really don't like the Sutton! Babycatalog.com has the covers (Berkshire Gray, Onyx & Pistachio) for 20% off, which brought it down to $48 plus $7.95 to ship unless you make a purchase of $99 or more to get free shipping. Does anyone know who else sells covers? I have tried Diapers.com and Chit Chat Baby so far with no luck. I like the Berkshire Gray cover or Cowmooflage, if I could find one at that price.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I'd try CraigsList or Kijiji(?) first. If you can sell it locally, you don't have to worry about shipping!

Cilia

I decided to just ask my local family support org if they wanted a good seat for families in need. They were so happy to be able to offer a seat with a weight limit of 50 lbs compared to the 40 lbs they normally are able to provide for ff. Now I just have to get it over there sometime soon.

poohbear

I decided to just ask my local family support org if they wanted a good seat for families in need. They were so happy to be able to offer a seat with a weight limit of 50 lbs compared to the 40 lbs they normally are able to provide for ff. Now I just have to get it over there sometime soon.

:thumbsup: How awesome of you! :D:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC