Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Re: RA50 $49.98 at Target!

Quote Originally Posted by jic View Post
    The RA50s are listed as $199 at both Targets near me and I couldn't scan them while I was there. Hm. Maybe need to work harder to scan them as I would really like one.
    Was it the sutton pattern or the stonehenge pattern? The sutton is the one on sale, the stonehenge is full price.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jic View Post
    The RA50s are listed as $199 at both Targets near me and I couldn't scan them while I was there. Hm. Maybe need to work harder to scan them as I would really like one.
    My DH wanted to know why I lied to him.... the box is clearly labeled $139. Definitely scan it before it does get correctly labeled!

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by monstah View Post
    My DH wanted to know why I lied to him.... the box is clearly labeled $139. Definitely scan it before it does get correctly labeled!
    Before you lug it to the scanner, as Holly pointed out, make sure it's the Sutton pattern and not the Stonehenge. Stonehenge, is indeed $199. Only Sutton is $49! Though, I'll bet in August Stonehenge will be getting a clearance pricetag...

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    Before you lug it to the scanner, as Holly pointed out, make sure it's the Sutton pattern and not the Stonehenge. Stonehenge, is indeed $199. Only Sutton is $49! Though, I'll bet in August Stonehenge will be getting a clearance pricetag...
    Lol, I got 1 sutton and 1 stonehenge both for $49.98! The cashier saw that they were both the same seat, so she only scanned one. If I would have know I would not have bought the stonehenge. I just assumed it was all roundabout 50's on sale!

Kate(CPST) - Mommy to Gage(5/18/07)
    FF in a Blaze Recaro Prosport & Cardinal Frontier 85 SICT

Sold two of the four I got. I kept one, and my sister kept one. I had been needing a convertible car seat for my van for my Nephew anyways.

Sold them for $100 a piece on Craigslist. The lady that bought them was so happy. Win win for everyone.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Just for the heck of it, I used that Target inventory locator to see what it would say and was surprised that the Target near my work said "limited availibility" especially because last week it said sold out. I called Target and sure enough, they said they had one. Since it was clearance they couldn't hold it for me so I had to hope nobody would buy it in the next two hours since I wasn't off work yet. I had to go buy some shock for our pool anyway, so I went to that Target and sure enough, they still had that RA50. It wasn't with the rest of the car seats but sitting with a crib that was on display. The box had been opened, but the seat was still in plastic and looked fine. I may just keep it as a spare seat, I'm not sure yet! It was just too good a deal to pass up!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

8. Thank You from:

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

thanks for posting that, msg221. I checked mine last night after you updated and a store about 30 minutes away said limited inventory (after being out of stock last week). I looked again this morning and it still showed that it was in stock. I took a chance and drove down there. I scored two.

Carseat Crazy

All of mine are still out. That stinks!
    Diana, Mommy To:
    Kolin [5.5.04]-Ava [12.13.05]-Aden [2.18.09]

I bought two last week I think it was and I just want one - maybe... So I was all geared up to sell it, but cannot get the box small enough to ship in for a good price. I need to shave off at least 2" and I do not see how I could do that. Has anyone here sold one and shipped it in the box for not that much?

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    thanks for posting that, msg221. I checked mine last night after you updated and a store about 30 minutes away said limited inventory (after being out of stock last week). I looked again this morning and it still showed that it was in stock. I took a chance and drove down there. I scored two.
    You're welcome! Last week I went to one that said "limited inventory" and went down there and found nothing. Then I found the one yesterday. I checked again and that store from last week still says "limited inventory" so I called them up and was told that they did have one but when the Target employee went to check, she did not find any. So really, I wouldn't count on that invetory checker to be all that accurate. I would definitely call the store first. And if I happen to be at another Target, I may just check for the heck of it.

Target.com is still selling the Sutton at full price. I wonder if they will end up just sending their remaining inventory to stores to clearance out or just sell it on clearance online as well.

If I decide to keep it, I am definitely going to have to find a new cover. I really don't like the Sutton! Babycatalog.com has the covers (Berkshire Gray, Onyx & Pistachio) for 20% off, which brought it down to $48 plus $7.95 to ship unless you make a purchase of $99 or more to get free shipping. Does anyone know who else sells covers? I have tried Diapers.com and Chit Chat Baby so far with no luck. I like the Berkshire Gray cover or Cowmooflage, if I could find one at that price.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

I'd try CraigsList or Kijiji(?) first. If you can sell it locally, you don't have to worry about shipping!
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

I decided to just ask my local family support org if they wanted a good seat for families in need. They were so happy to be able to offer a seat with a weight limit of 50 lbs compared to the 40 lbs they normally are able to provide for ff. Now I just have to get it over there sometime soon.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Cilia View Post
    I decided to just ask my local family support org if they wanted a good seat for families in need. They were so happy to be able to offer a seat with a weight limit of 50 lbs compared to the 40 lbs they normally are able to provide for ff. Now I just have to get it over there sometime soon.
    How awesome of you!