Question Monterey

BudgieStew

Is it normal that the base and back of the Monterey flop around every time one picks it up. Or did I not get it clicked in properly.

DH helped me get it fastened as I initially could not even get each piece locked to one another without the base falling off every time I picked it up but it still flops around and I am wondering if that is normal for the Monterey to do.

ADS

BudgieStew

Really darn it. It seems like such a trivial thing but it is turning out to be our floating secondary seat and I'm not the only one carrying it around. And some people aren't as careful as I am.

mommyfrog

That was the exact reason I didn't want a Turbo so I got the Monterey. I guess I should have researched a little better first.:( Oh well. Other than that, I love it.

kaleigh71

I had that problem when I bought a Monterey that I ended up returning because it didn't fit my son well. I thought it was annoying. The Probooster we got recently does not do this, and I have been having to play musical cars more times than I would like over the past couple of days.

munchkin

I wonder if it is me, but mind doesn't fall apart when I move it. I lift it up by the arm rests and usually toss it on top of my head (butt part touches the top of my head and the back part is behind my back) to carry it out to the car. Mine is heavy, but hasn't fallen apart when carrying yet.

mommyfrog

I carry mine with one hand on the one armrest and the other hand on the back. It doesn't fall apart that way. I just can't carry it one handed while juggling a 2 year old and a diaper bag on the other side!! Bummer!!

BudgieStew

It fell apart again. Arggh. It shouldn't be that difficult to stay snapped into place. I've followed the instructions and even tried it my own way. Any more force and I would break the darn thing.

DS is going to a birthday party tomorrow and will be going in another parents car and I would hate for it get dropped and broken. I just don't have the money to replace it right now, but as soon as I do I am getting a Parkway for everyone else's car and leave the Monterey in DH car full time.
When DH gets home I am going to see if I can get him to snap it back together ad warn the other parent that it needs to transported carefully.

On another note while getting DS out of his GN today I noticed that a part of the buckle is cracked and will eventually snap off. It doesn't affect the buckle fastening and still safe for use but come on I've only had it for 6 months. So now I suppose I am going to have to order a buckle unless it is still under warranty.

Kat_Momof3

as long as you lean it very slightly toward the front (where the knees go), it won't fall apart.

I also used to tote mine on my head... I think it's a look.... I can't do that with a turbobooster or fpsv booster, though, they're much more floppy.

BudgieStew

DH snapped it back together this morning and I very carefully transported it. I just worry about others that carry it...sometimes the details from my mangled French just don't make it through to other people.

When I was putting it into the other Mother's car I warned her that it flopped about and she said her boosters did the same thing. I think there were two TurboBoosters in her car. She had an older Ford Taurus with three lap/shoulder belts in the back and even mentioned that the middle belt was a lap/shoulder belt so she could use a booster there.:thumbsup: DS knows the proper way to sit and use his booster so I am not worried about it being used improperly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC