Curiosity- 3 across third row.

champatlife

So I was looking through installs and noticed some people had three across in their third row. All their seats were rearfacing. How do you get the children out? My daughter is 4 and thank goodness she has never been interested in trying to undo her own buckles (most she does is buckle the clip for me) but we have a suv with 60/40 (i believe is the proper term- x's show seat placement below all bench except front seats)

X X
X X X
XX

upon attempting to install our radian, we thought about trying to install it in the third row, but then we were trying to figure out how difficult it would be to get an infant out from the third row (we'd have fold down 2nd row, crawl back there get the baby out then crawl back out with the baby.

Anyways, I'd love to hear your experiences those of you who have done 3 rearfacing in third row. (or even 2 if your third row only holds that.)

Thanks

ADS

christineka

It depends on your vehicle. My old aerostar had a flat floor with low bench seats. It was actually easier to put the little ones into the third row from the cargo door than it was to put them into the second row. (Only one side door as well.) In the sienna it is a pain. I tried going through the cargo door, but there isn't much space between the bench and the roof, plus the trunk area is dipped down, so I can't lean over very well either. My kids came in through the side doors and I leaned over the second row seat to buckle in the back. It was a pain. The little kids are all in the second row now.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I had a mom that would keep a blanket in the back. She knelt on that, to get the triplets out.

DSCN15321.jpg

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yep. My RF 3rd row 3-across is gone for the summer :crying: but it worked like a charm. I popped the kids in and out via the hatch. I can't fold down my second row seats, so now I have two booster kids climbing in and out over the third row and WOW, it's not working so well.

Some vehicles it doesn't work to load through the hatch. It didn't in my van. But in my Pilot, it's an absolute dream.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC