Century car seats

MonkeySauce

I'm in Canada & wondering what is the deal with Century car seats. Are any of them still safe? I'm seeing ads on our local online classifieds saying they werew manufactured in 2005. But they look ancient. The latest one posted is a 3 point harness. :thumbsdown: It is a Century PL0009-3.

I know they were taken over by Graco but when were Century seats last made in Canada? I guess I'm looking for any info on this seat to get them to chuck it out.

Thanks in advance!

ADS

canmom

Hi and welcome to car-seat.org :).

I was under the impression that all Century seats are expired but I could be mistaken.

emy_lou

I'm almost 100% positive that all Century's are now expired. But I dont have any info to follow up on that or anything. I bet someone else can lead you to a link!;)

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Agreed... And I didn't start seeing expiries on seats until around 2000, so I doubt they're mis-reading an expiry as a DOM, either. A lot of people either have no clue, or they're just out to make a buck.

-Nicole.

April

The latest expiry I have seen on a century seat was December 2009. Graco bought Century in 2002, so I thought they'd all be expired by the end of 2008, but I picked one up on the side of the road last summer and it had a 12/09 expiry. I don't believe any of their seats were made for sale in Canada after 2002/2003.

MonkeySauce

Hey, Canmom! Thanks for the welcome - it's me, Anna's mom. :) (From BIS 06 and facebook.)

Thanks for the info everyone - I too was having trouble finding out the last year Centuries were made, it is hard to find any concrete info online.

I just can't imagine this seat being made in '05, it looks so old-fashioned. Were they still making 3-pt harness seats in '05? I bought my DD's in '06 and I don't recall seeing any 3-point harness seats for sale anywhere.

If they are being honest about it being manufactured in '05, I wonder then if it is a seat purchased in the USA.

Anyway, I doubt emailing them about it would have much effect - or maybe I could ask them where it was purchased first if it's a USA seat then it's illegal right there, never mind the expiry ...

Well thanks again everyone! :)

NewfieMoma

When I had my DD in 2006 and through to 2007 there was a Cosco infant seat with a 3 point harness that was still being sold at Zellers

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC