Britax Roundabout 50 LATCH & Tether 2008 Rav4

kaharris83

I just read in the Britax manual that if the car company doesn't specify a LATCH weight limit, defer to 40lbs. Toyota manual defers to the car seat company, so I'm assuming 40lbs is our LATCH limit, does anyone know differently?

Is there a weight limit for the top tether? I didn't see one in either manual.

Lastly when RFing we're getting a 36 degree angle is that ok typically for the age we'll start using the Roundabout 50? (Our baby is due in July but I got the seat for a steal of a deal and want to be sure it will work for us when the time comes. I've read it's too big for newborns.)

Thanks so much!! :)

ADS

Maedze

That's correct, 40 lbs is the lower anchor limit.

Once you use the seat forward facing (which should not be for three years or so), you continue to use the top tether even after 40 lbs. Always use a top tether with a forward facing child restraint installation, regardless if it's installed with lower anchors or seatbelt.

35 degrees is pretty upright for a younger baby. He may not be comfortable and may prefer a greater recline. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to adjust the recline on that seat. When you install, focus on jamming the seat tightly into the bight of the vehicle seat, and apply pressure at the butt-crease area in the back of the seat when you're tightening the latch strap or seatbelt.

cookie123

Your Roundabout 50 will fit your baby when he gets tall enough that his shoulders reach the bottom slots. Or, the harness needs to be at or below the shoulders for rear facing.:)

U

Unregistered

Where did you tether the rear facing seat? I can't seem to find anywhere on the floor between the front and back seats. I know there's one behind the back seats, but that doesn't work with a rear-facing seat.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That would work with a rear facing Britax. It's called Australian tethering, and the instructions are in the manual. However, it's a PITB and I don't recommend it on that reason.

Also in your manual are instructions for Swedish tethering. You want to loop the tether connector strap (aka the D ring) that came with your seat around a non moving part of the car. Normally a front seat leg. Then attach the tether to that. Britax knows cars don't have rear facing tether points (most don't, anyway), and so they provide an adapter for you to use.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2upADev-UrM

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC