Num-nums from Daddy...

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Last night, Brian and Nolan went out to run an errand and Nolan fell "jumping" into the car. His hand had a small cut and scrape, so it was bleeding a little, which in itself caused a round of hysterics from Nolan: "It's BLEEDING!!!" Brian could not console him, so he did what I used to do - pulled up his shirt and said, "Would num-nums make it better?" Nolan took one look at Brian and burst out laughing. Brian said it cured him and that he must've laughed for five minutes over it... Just thought I'd share that even when Dad offers num-nums it may take the tears away still :)

ADS

Splash

I love it!
The first time Charlie latched on to me I was too shocked to do anything. I tried to pull away and he gave me that look that said "woman, if you screw with me, I'll haul off and scream for the next three hours." I didn't do anything, and it became a habit...

Glad Brian could make him laugh like that! It was a great idea! Awesome dad!

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
lol..what a great story...i love it. it made me chuckle a little bit, and my husband too.

Splash

Yeah, it's one of those things you're not expecting. Though, I am an idiot. WHY I thought I could hold a breastfed infant against my naked chest and not have anything happen is beyond me. Since i have no feeling at all on my left side, and that was the side he was on, I didn't even know until I looked down! Odd moment, to be sure.
I've heard of men breastfeeding their children... not sure how much of it is true, but I do know that men have mammary glands, so it IS possible. Must take a lot of self esteem for a man to nurse his infant, though!

Last edited:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Wearing a shirt wasn't always a deterrent for DH. DD2 would latch onto him shirt and all sometimes. :p I think she liked him better with the shirt on than off given the amount of chest hair.

broken4u05

That is very funny but i didnt know what you were talking about at first. But after i did i cracked up laughing. funny

skaterbabs

roflol! That's great!
Joyjoy once informed Cam that he had "big mores" (more = nursing, mores = breasts.)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
LOVE IT! All the funny stories :D :p

Leila used to have a habit of squeezing ANYONE's breasts upon being picked up -- until just about a year ago ... as if trying to figure out why they're different :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC