Cares harness worth the 75.00?

mum2two

I'm going to need one I think, DS is 4, 35lbs, 40", a Regent is waiting for him at destination so no point in bringing a seat. We'll be flying a number of times this year, so the individual rental idea isn't great.

I like the idea that he'll be contained a little better than just the lapbelt on the plane.

I don't like the idea of paying 75.00 for a new one.....checked swap but didn't see anything.

ADS

aeormsby

At 4yo I could see going either way with it.

We have one that we got last year when DD was 3.5. Since we have it she'll keep using it until she's in a booster and DS starts using the Safeguard GO as a travel seat. I think there have been a couple of threads recently about how young others are comfortable just using the lap belt on the plane.

NVMBR02

By 4 both my older kids fit well on the airplne seat with a just the lap belt. They were a bit taller, but not by much.

If I didn't need a carseat at my destination then I would probably just use the lapbelt. If you are not comfortable with that or have reason to believe your son will not stay buckled then it is probably worth the $75.

rachelandtyke

By 4 both my older kids fit well on the airplne seat with a just the lap belt. They were a bit taller, but not by much.

If I didn't need a carseat at my destination then I would probably just use the lapbelt. If you are not comfortable with that or have reason to believe your son will not stay buckled then it is probably worth the $75.

:yeahthat: Although DD is small for her age. She fit well in the airplane lapbelt at age 4, 33lbs, and 38-39 inches.

DahliaRW

ITA. I think most 4yos are just fine in the lapbelt on a plane.

cerberusdog

I bought 2 new last year because we were travelling quite a bit, I loved them!
However my DD is now 4.5 years old, this year we will most likely just have her use a lap belt. Keep in mind that the harness is for use for kids >1yo, weight 22-44lbs and up to 40 inches....so for you since your child is already 40 inches, I am not sure it would be worth the investment, but even the used ones sell on ebay for what I paid for mine!

Eclipsepearl

Sometimes they're rented on Craigslist and Ebay. Normally, that's not recommended for a car seat but I think you're fine with this item.

The lap belt doesn't fit kids great but there is so little chance of anything happening, your child is safe just being on an airplane. Most 4 year olds will actually keep it across their lap, which is the most important thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC