Century DOM's, craigslist again

ADS

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Well, the last one was made in 2002.... Hard to say what that one could be w/o asking them.. They were made between 1996-2002.... And had that horrid back bar adjuster.. I HATE that thing..

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Well, the last one was made in 2002.... Hard to say what that one could be w/o asking them.. They were made between 1996-2002.... And had that horrid back bar adjuster.. I HATE that thing..

Is that like the Assura with that metal bar that fits through sewn loops? That's the one my brother and his wife have that is impossible to get a snug fit - one setting is too loose, the next too tight. Plus it's a PITA!

Last edited:

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Yep, that's it... Many of the old Century infant seats had that type of adjuster. It is a major PITB..

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
This was the Century SmartFit Elite or something like that. The rubber that extends down the handle was made later than the SmartFit and SmartFit Plus. I can't remember the exact names... SmartFit, SmartFit Plus, SmartFit Elite (or Supreme?), SmartFit Elite Plus, SmartFit Elite Plus Supreme, etc.... :p :p j/k

There were so many different SmartFits that it is hard to know for sure, but my guess is that this seat was made in 2001-2002.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm still looking, but these are the types of SmartFit seats I have found so far:

~ Century SmartFit
~ Century SmartFit Classic
~ Century SmartFit Plus
~ Century SmartFit Plus V
~ Century SmartFit Elite
~ Century SmartFit Elite V
~ Century SmartFit Supreme

Then, of course, there is the Century Assura, which is just like the SmartFit, but without the base, I think. Or maybe some Assuras do have a base. I can't remember.

Do you see why this is confusing? There are AT LEAST SEVEN different (well, sort of) seats with the same name!!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cpsaddict

That one is the SmartFit Elite. It was made in, I think, 2001. It was at a specialty baby store when I was in my last year of college. I finished college in 2002 and it had been there awhile. The youngest it could be is 5 years. It was a 5-pt, though. Oy, but that adjuster. Talk about never getting a good fit!:p

lovinwaves

I emailed her, and here is her response:

The base has the date 2000 on it. I’m assuming it was all made then. However it was used very little and has been in storage most of it’s ‘life’.

I, of course emailed her back...

LaurieB

heres what I got back:

Give me a Freakin' break. so you are the reason. I am glad my car seat is now helping a child be more safe that may not otherwise have had that chance you snobby altruistic knight in shining armour. thanks for saving the world. why don't you join the gates foundation and REALLY make a difference.

Heres what I wrote:

Hi, I wanted to let you know that car seats like yours expire after 6 years and are not safe for any child to use. The plastic shell begins to degrade and can shatter in a crash. Check out www.car-seat.org for more information. In the mean time, I will flag your post, just wanted to let you know the reason why.

Guess from now on, I'll just flag without giving a reason, but I only flag when I KNOW its expired....

Laurie

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
heres what I got back:

Give me a Freakin' break. so you are the reason. I am glad my car seat is now helping a child be more safe that may not otherwise have had that chance you snobby altruistic knight in shining armour. thanks for saving the world. why don't you join the gates foundation and REALLY make a difference.

Heres what I wrote:

Hi, I wanted to let you know that car seats like yours expire after 6 years and are not safe for any child to use. The plastic shell begins to degrade and can shatter in a crash. Check out www.car-seat.org for more information. In the mean time, I will flag your post, just wanted to let you know the reason why.

Guess from now on, I'll just flag without giving a reason, but I only flag when I KNOW its expired....

Laurie

Oh wow! What an awful response you got... :( :eek: :( You did the right thing - too bad she doesn't get it...:( And still wow - that's just a nasty reply... :mad:

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I usually just ask for a date of manufactur and a model number and then I flag it(or tell ebay, depending on which site I'm using).. I've gotten too many rude responses like this one..

That really bites..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC