Find my ideal stroller

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I need a stroller that meets all these criteria. I don't know if such a thin exists, but it's worth a shot.

1) Lightweight and compact

2) Snack try for the kiddo

3) Easy to push

4) Holds bigger kids in addition to littles

5) Some recline, though lying flat isn't necessary

6) Preferably not super expensive, but I'm willing to pay if I can find all this

ADS

montanamama

Peg Perego Aria I have one it fit my DD from birth and can also fit my 55lb DS when his legs are tired. The older versions have mixed reviews but I have used mine everyday for over 2 years and love it... I have owned over 20 strollers over the years and currently have 4 and this is the one that I keep in my car all the time!

msg221

I have this one, and really like it. It is lightweight, folds great and can stand on its own when folded, nice fabric, GREAT canopy that can basically cover the entire child, easy to put together, durable, has a 55 lb. weight limit, reclines fully, pushes easily and comes with great accessories, like a rain cover, UV cover, sleeping bag and cup holder. I also have the Zooper Twist, which is similar to this minus the child snack tray. I love them both.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=C&ec=BC-EC5397-Cat48022&topnav=#BVRRWidgetID

crunchierthanthou

P3? You can probably find a really good used one under $100 on CL. Or I'll just give you mine if you come this way... ;)

I do like it quite a lot, but it isn't getting the love since I got a BJCE. Here's what I like - compact fold (and stands when folded), great canopy, snack tray, flat recline, and especially the rear footboard for older kids to catch a ride when needed.

free P3 offer open to Jennie only in attempts to lure her. :p

poohbear

BJCM. (Unfortunately the snack tray is a $20 accessory). Lightweight at 16 lbs, awesome canopy, pushes like a dream, and the fold just rocks - can do it with the kiddo in one arm either up or down. Plus it folds completely flat and compact. I know some people say it is not great for taller kids, but my LO is at 75% for height at 14 mos, and he has lots of head room still. And it reclines almost flat. (Basket is not terrific, but accessible and decent).

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Geez, crunchy! A free stroller and LoveSacs at every corner... You just might lure me afterall.

And now I have a lot of strollers to look into.

Maybe if I explain my situation and current strollers you guys can lend more advice.

I don't use a stroller very often. When I do, it's usually, like, if we eat at an outdoor food court without high chairs. We do also take it to Disneyland, the zoo, etc, mostly to carry bags, but also to give my back an occasional break.

Whatever I get next (or keep) will probably have to fit in the extra bit of space in a Dodge Ram mega cab. Or maybe on the floor in the back seat. I haven't tried my current strollers to know how this will work. I'm thinking umbrella fold is best, but not positive. Do any of the ones you guys suggested have umbrella folds?

I currently have a Volo and a Techno XLR (I almost wrote XTSL!) Neither has a snack tray, which is my main complaint, especially since I mainly use it for eating.

Other than that, the Volo is probably a little too small. (Fine for quick trips, but not a lot of storage space for theme parks, plus it's sort of hard to push my 5-year-old. It's fine for my 1-year-old, though I feel she slumps a little in it.)

The Techo, on the other hand, seems too big. It is nice for long days out, with all the pockets and stuff, but is rather overkill for quick trips.

Ideally I'd keep both and use as appropriate, but I really need to scale down to one.

I know there are other Maclarens. Is there one that's a good middleground between those two? None of them have trays, though, right?

Ugh.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
This probably folds too big, but I saw an older kid totally loving riding in it and I was amazed... [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kolcraft-Contours-Options-Wheeler-Stroller/dp/B000J27CH8"]Amazon.com: Kolcraft Contours Options 3 Wheeler Stroller - Ruby: Baby[/ame] The seat's small, but the mom just raved about how the stroller has enough structure to keep pushing and older, heavy kid easily, and I saw that kid sitting up, then totally asleep with the seat reclined later.

kgardnez

I assume this is baby jogger city mini (or micro?).

We love our mini!

BJCM. (Unfortunately the snack tray is a $20 accessory). Lightweight at 16 lbs, awesome canopy, pushes like a dream, and the fold just rocks - can do it with the kiddo in one arm either up or down. Plus it folds completely flat and compact. I know some people say it is not great for taller kids, but my LO is at 75% for height at 14 mos, and he has lots of head room still. And it reclines almost flat. (Basket is not terrific, but accessible and decent).

poohbear

Geez, crunchy! A free stroller and LoveSacs at every corner... You just might lure me afterall.

And now I have a lot of strollers to look into.

Maybe if I explain my situation and current strollers you guys can lend more advice.

I don't use a stroller very often. When I do, it's usually, like, if we eat at an outdoor food court without high chairs. We do also take it to Disneyland, the zoo, etc, mostly to carry bags, but also to give my back an occasional break.

Whatever I get next (or keep) will probably have to fit in the extra bit of space in a Dodge Ram mega cab. Or maybe on the floor in the back seat. I haven't tried my current strollers to know how this will work. I'm thinking umbrella fold is best, but not positive. Do any of the ones you guys suggested have umbrella folds?

I currently have a Volo and a Techno XLR (I almost wrote XTSL!) Neither has a snack tray, which is my main complaint, especially since I mainly use it for eating.

Other than that, the Volo is probably a little too small. (Fine for quick trips, but not a lot of storage space for theme parks, plus it's sort of hard to push my 5-year-old. It's fine for my 1-year-old, though I feel she slumps a little in it.)

The Techo, on the other hand, seems too big. It is nice for long days out, with all the pockets and stuff, but is rather overkill for quick trips.

Ideally I'd keep both and use as appropriate, but I really need to scale down to one.

I know there are other Maclarens. Is there one that's a good middleground between those two? None of them have trays, though, right?

Ugh.

I have a few thoughts for you:
first there is somewhere that sells trays for maclaren - I cannot remember where but I will see if I can find it. Also, we have the bumper bar on on BJCM and I attach the snack trap to it with a snack trap tether and the sippy cup with a sippi tether (http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=117841&). Both work well. If that's your main complaint and you'd rather try not to buy a new stroller, maybe you could try one of those things?
I have a Volo and a BJCM and love the BJCM for most things - I agree about the Volo - sometimes it's just too little stroller...
HTH!

chelsey

I have both Kolcraft countours and Maclaren quest-I love my maclaren but I love Kolcraft even more!!!!!Kolcraft is much better for babies and younger kids-I love that you can see your baby and it is perfect for parks etc.But it's so heavy!!!!I keep my maclaren in the car and it's perfect for the mall etc.On the other hand I don't use it that much when my son is 2-he prefers to walk.We bought Kolocraft when he was 5 month old and we used it every day.Maclaren is not that good for smaller babies.well you have to decide.

wavegal

Sounds to me like the Pliko p3 suits what your looking for. You can definitely get a good deal on it too. My DS always loves it. We got it for those exact reasons. Umbrella fold, tray, big basket, big canopy. I have used mine for 1.5 years now and love it!

Athena

plus it's sort of hard to push my 5-year-old.

Regarding big kiddos, when I recently had the opportunity to see how my tall 3.8 yo in a BJCmini, I found she was way too tall for it. Her head was actually resting on top of the canopy (blocking it) when folded back. I was really surprised. I wouldn't think any 5 yo, unless they were tiny, would fit. But maybe the micro since I have heard it's quite a bit taller, but have not been able to find one to try in person. HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC