Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Booster fit check, please!

I have to admit I'm a bit clueless when it comes to boosters

Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: Booster fit check, please!

Looks good to me

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

I agree, looks good. I might consider raising the headrest a notch to get the seatbelt a little farther from the edge of her shoulder, but that may just be an illusion of how she's sitting.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Looks good to me too. Do you have the screws in? And I *might* raise the headrest up a notch to see how the shoulder belt fits her, but that may be too high. She seems to maybe be right between the two levels. Where it is now seems a smidge low, but one click may be too high. Not sure. I'd play with that and see what happens. But the lap belt is a great fit.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Thanks, I did play with the headrest a bit. The next one up seems just a tad too high.

And, yes, we dutifully put the screws in. I could imagine 3B's "voice" in my head as we put it together

The seat belt fits great. MY goodness, what vehicle do you drive to have 3 across and room to spare like that?? *jealous*

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieQ View Post
    The seat belt fits great. MY goodness, what vehicle do you drive to have 3 across and room to spare like that?? *jealous*
    The Turbo is replacing a Regent. I can get 3-across with 2 Regents and a Marathon. Love my car for 3-across, but it sucks safety wise . It's a Chevy Venture.

the booster isn't sitting properly in the vehicle seat (the back needs to be flat against the vehicle seat back... the back of the base in the bight of the vehicle seat)... it also looks like your daughter might not be sitting all the way back, either.

But fix those two things, and you've got a good fit.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

Quote Originally Posted by Kat_Momof3 View Post
    the booster isn't sitting properly in the vehicle seat (the back needs to be flat against the vehicle seat back... the back of the base in the bight of the vehicle seat)... it also looks like your daughter might not be sitting all the way back, either.

But fix those two things, and you've got a good fit.
    That's as far back as it goes. The vehicle seat back curves outward and hits the plastic on the back of the Turbo (you can see where it hits in the second picture). Is that a problem?