We just got our cybex solution x fix

emars002

I really like it - DD is 34-35lbs, she will be 7 on june 15th. the lap belt portion fits really nice on her thighs, almost better than the turbo booster. I love the latch and of course DD loves the purple!!!!!!
DSC_0006-3.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It looks like your child is being consumed by a purple Optimus Prime. :eek:

Love the SIP, though :p

emars002

It looks like your child is being consumed by a purple Optimus Prime. :eek:

Love the SIP, though :p

LOL, it does look a little transformer like doesn't it:p

Love the purple! :love:

Does it pitch her head forward at all?

I didn't think so, I reclined the headrest all the way and she said she liked it and it was more comfortable than her turbo booster. I'll ask her again after she gets to ride in it. Our seat in the car in slightly reclined also so that may help.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I've seen the revised manual for the X-Fix and they've clarified what angle the vehicle seatback can be at--as long as the booster isn't laying flat in an unsafe manner, it's ok. The manual now specifies a 15* recline range for the booster so that it will lay flat against the vehicle seat.

emars002

Update: DD rode in it yesterday and today and she loves it - Does not feel like she being launched out of it:)

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I'm still bummed about the no cup holders. Both my kids survived 5 year in the Marathons with no cup holds so not sure why I am suddenly finding them so important but they are so nice to have! The Cybex and the Probooster are both lacking cup holders.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I'm still bummed about the no cup holders. ... The Cybex and the Probooster are both lacking cup holders.

I feel the same way! It's certainly a convenience issue rather than a safety issue, but it does seem that the boosters in this "premium" class (and $$$!) ought to come with such a feature.

Kat_Momof3

I see I'm gonna be the only one to ask this... but does it bother you that the shoulderbelt isn't a little closer to her neck? (I know it's in the allowed area, but it's so close to the edge of her shoulder that it would just bug the heck out of me.)

solmama

In addition to the shoulder belt, doesn't the large gap in the seat, where the torso is, bother anyone else? Maybe it's just me.

emars002

I see I'm gonna be the only one to ask this... but does it bother you that the shoulderbelt isn't a little closer to her neck? (I know it's in the allowed area, but it's so close to the edge of her shoulder that it would just bug the heck out of me.)

I didn't really notice that - i though it actually was more on her shoulder than in the turbo. I will check out the placement on her shoulder again tomorrow evening and try to get a better pic

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
In addition to the shoulder belt, doesn't the large gap in the seat, where the torso is, bother anyone else? Maybe it's just me.

Do you mean on the sides, above the armrests but below the shoulder wings? Not particularly... the injured areas of booster kids are the head from flying around, and abdomen from poor seatbelt fit, and feet and legs, not abdominal injuries from side impacts, where the door frame is between the kid and the oncoming car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC