Question Turbo-booster

amy&girls

So my almost 7yr old rides in a Turbo-booster (with the back). She is 48 inches tall and 53lbs (just measured/weighed today). I'd like to keep her where she is, but when she's riding in the seat and we turn, her seat tips to the side. I've tried putting it in one of the captains seat in my van instead of on the bench seat, and it didn't help. Is there anything I can do? It makes me nervous to see it tilt like that.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Locking the belt might help. You could also try a LATCHable booster, if you're open to getting a new one.

Kat_Momof3

what vehicle is the seat being used in?

I've had turbo tipping on benches, but never in a captain's chairs, so I'm curious.

But I'd recommend either a latchable booster or one that fits the vehicle seat better.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Are you sure the belt is in the right place? And that it's properly tightened? Just curious. If the belt is not under the armrests, it could be too loose and cause the seat to tip.

Qarin

Also, does she pay any attention to the driving, or is she completely engrossed in activities inside the car (reading, talking to sibling, watching video)? I've noted that it takes some effort to keep oneself upright in a moving vehicle, and that sometimes children who have not needed to worry about this (by being in well installed harnessed car seats) need to learn how to do it, how to feel the car's movement and counteract it. If she's not paying attention to the driving at all, you might discuss with her how doing so could help her learn to hold herself, and consequently her booster seat, up.

Just a thought.

Qarin

(PS. Do you have the screws in the arms on your Turbo Booster? If not, be sure to put them in!)

amy&girls

I did check the arms of the booster, I guess the last time someone posted in about the screws, and i was like "uh?" and I DID put them in when we first started using the booster. And the belt is where it should be. :) I drive a 2006 Kia Sedona. I swapped the Turbo-booster in my car with the Big Kid Booster in my husbands car, and put the big kid booster in the captains seat behind the passenger seat. So far, it seems to fit a little better. Is there a cheaper latch-able booster? My husband would throw a fit if I got ANOTHER seat. (currently we own 10 seats for 4 kids...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC