Cybex Ruby?

*jen*

I'm looking for a lightweight stroller for DS. He's 19 months and I'm hoping to get him a stroller to last until he is done with them. I have DD in an Inglesina Zippy and love the one hand close, but it is on the heavier side. I'm looking for something lighterweight that still reclines and has a good sunshade(so many of them are useless) as summer is approaching and I want to be able to cover him up as much as possible. Of course it needs to steer well. I really don't want to spend much more than $100 as he is my last child so I will only get 2 years out of it.

I was considering the Cybex Ruby as it is in my price range, but can't find a single review of it ANYWHERE. What is up with that? No one bought it or everyone hates it? Any advice would be great. I've never bought anything at diapers.com so I can use the 10% off there.

I was also looking at the City Micro Single as my girlfriend has a double and it is great, but the one for $134 looks like the canopy is really small. This must be the cheaper model and the one that fits in my price range. sigh. I'm going to keep looking, but any advice is appreciated!

ADS

SavsMom

You can get the Micro on AlbeeBaby for $99 -

I have a Micro and love it. I got it for my daughter when she was 21 months and have used it quite a bit. The canopy isn't as nice as the City Mini, but it is still adequate and much better than what you find on many other lightweight strollers. The recline is good enough to allow for a toddler to nap comfortably as well.

We use it at Disney, the Zoo, etc etc and my peanut has never complained, it is actually one of the only strollers she will actually ride in - plus the fold is amazing!

I'm looking for a lightweight stroller for DS. He's 19 months and I'm hoping to get him a stroller to last until he is done with them. I have DD in an Inglesina Zippy and love the one hand close, but it is on the heavier side. I'm looking for something lighterweight that still reclines and has a good sunshade(so many of them are useless) as summer is approaching and I want to be able to cover him up as much as possible. Of course it needs to steer well. I really don't want to spend much more than $100 as he is my last child so I will only get 2 years out of it.

I was considering the Cybex Ruby as it is in my price range, but can't find a single review of it ANYWHERE. What is up with that? No one bought it or everyone hates it? Any advice would be great. I've never bought anything at diapers.com so I can use the 10% off there.

I was also looking at the City Micro Single as my girlfriend has a double and it is great, but the one for $134 looks like the canopy is really small. This must be the cheaper model and the one that fits in my price range. sigh. I'm going to keep looking, but any advice is appreciated!

*jen*

Is the push/turn just as good on the micro as the mini? My friend's mini turns and pushes so easily. I wish I could see the sunshade in person to make sure it is big enough. That is my only concern as my guy has sensitive skin and I like him covered when in a stroller.

SavsMom

My friend has the Mini - and yes, the push and turn is just as good - it turns on a dime and pushes like a dream.

My daughter is a peanut and living in Florida a good canopy is a must - I have never had a problem with the canopy not being large enough, especially for a toddler. Now, if I had it to do all over again I would have gotten the Mini for my daughter from birth rather than the huge graco travel system, but for a toddler the Micro is great without having to spend all of the $$$ for the Mini.

Is the push/turn just as good on the micro as the mini? My friend's mini turns and pushes so easily. I wish I could see the sunshade in person to make sure it is big enough. That is my only concern as my guy has sensitive skin and I like him covered when in a stroller.

*jen*

Ok, I'm STILL shopping for a stroller. :rolleyes: I've spent hours on this. So annoying! I'm just worried about canopy coverage as we spend lots of time in the sun. I just found the Britax Blink for $99 on Albee and it looks like the cover is lots bigger than the Micro. Anyone have a blink? Is it too heavy for everyday use??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC