maxi cosi priori rear facing-top tether storage

Hello!

I am installing a 2010 maxi cosi priori car seat for my 4 month old child.

When rear-facing, the recline foot is flipped to the front of the seat, which puts the plastic loop for clipping the top tether strap in an awkward place. If stored for rear facing as instructed in the manual, it appears that the top tether strap and adjustment buckle would run underneath the seat and clip to this loop. Is this correct? The picture is less than informative, and the text simplies states to clip it to the recline foot in either the forward facing or rear facing mode.

The customer service rep said clip it to the recline foot but he was somewhat hesitant when I asked for specifics. Any clarification/assurance you can provide would be most appreciated!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You clip it to the foot either rear or forward facing (if not in use forward facing). It'll go under the seat. Not a big deal.

Wendy

Great, thank you for your assistance! I have it installed now. I can't get it quite as solid as our old Britax Roundabout which allows tethering when rear-facing, but other than that it is a good fit for the limited space in our 06 Subaru Forester. The level indicator on the side of the seat is helpful too for ensuring an appropriate angle. Our son looks quite comfortable.

I've learned a lot from these forums. Thanks again!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Cool. Just know that it doesn't need to stay at 45º and can go more upright as your child is older. If your baby has head control enough now it can go as upright a 30º. The same is true for nearly every seat (except the True Fit, which is 35º), so if he outgrows this one while you still need rear facing time you can get a bigger one and just put it more upright.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC