I'm getting certified!!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Well after waiting for almost two weeks and not getting an answer on how to get certified, I decided to ask at the health department today when we were there for Aiden's speech. They couldn't answer my question but took my name and number and said they'd get back to me... I'm thinking, yeah right but okay.

I got home and about 20 minutes later get a phone call. It turns out that the only woman doing car seat checks has been doing them once a month for years by herself! She had actually just recently asked them to see if they could find someone to help her. What perfect timing! So tomorrow, I go to sign up as a volunteer, get my police check done and then on to certification. I'm not sure when the next class is but I'll be in it! It also won't cost me a thing since I will be on their volunteer list. I'm so excited! I can't wait to take the class and get certified.

There was also a woman in the waiting room there who had a 13lb 3 month old in a SR. She mentioned her friend had a carrier that could FF. I told her no way is that possible and reccomended her friend read her instruction manual again. I told her I was looking into getting certified and then she asked me about legs and rearfacing. So I told her it does not matter, keep the 1inch rule in mind and to notice that her son usually will prefer to have his legs bent/crossed and not stretched out. Then she mentioned that her son would be out of his SR soon because the straps were getting tight on his shoulders and that his shoulders were almost at the straps!!!!:eek: So I showed her how they had to be at or below his shoulders, checked to make sure they were currently at his shoulders, and explained that her harness straps also had to be tighter. She did say that she tightens the straps more when she gets in the car and they were not crazy loose, but still too loose and I could easily pinch harness. She seemed really receptive to everything and kept asking me questions.

I also weighed and measured both boys. Aiden will be 5 on the 28th and is 36.5lbs and 43inches and Mikkel is 22 months today and is 26lbs, 1oz and 34inches.

Okay, now that I wrote a book, I really just wanted to say, I'm getting certified!!:D

Jen in Canada,
Aiden 03/28/02, FF Radian
Mikkel 05/05/05, RF Marathon

ADS

scatterbunny

Wooohooo!! :D That's so awesome--you got to give some good advice to a receptive parent, you get to volunteer at a seat check, and you get to take the class!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC