the reason why i love my AOE and all in one:

momma2kda

First off: No i will not use it as a BOOSTER!! I knew it made a sucky one before i bought it!! PLEASE DO NOT LECTURE ON THE BOOSTER MODE ABOUT IT!! Thank you.

But i love how the back raises up and down for when i am baby sitting. i love kids and i love proper fitting car seats and i love being able to say 'no i don't need your car seat i have one that will fit properly' because EVERYONE i babysit for sucks at using the car seat and nothing i tell them helps. i love being able to RF they're children while in the car with me and harness my niece FF even though she is 7 years old but shes tiny for her age. plus the 2 seats are cheaper and for my budget not having to take the straps out to raise and/or lower is so much easier when you have an almost 11 month old(my own) a 9 1/2 month old(my friends who plans to turn her child FF at 10 months cause her doctor said it would be safe) and a tiny 1 year old.

oh i forgot to mention that i have a cosco touriva that expires next year and i will cry when it does cause i like it so much more then that scenera.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It does have it's place. The new ones are even nicer. :) They fixed the pesky non-reinforced top harness position issue. If you have one older than a year or so, make sure you aren't using the top headrest position with the bigger kids. It isn't intended for harnessed use (but only stamped in little letters on the back to let you know that). Your niece must be really tiny with a super short torso to still fit in the harness.

Cryssy Jane

Wow a 7 year old still fits? Must be teeny tiny. My godson at age 2 has almost outgrown the AOE. My 5 year old daycare kiddo is way over the top slots and he's tiny.

momma2kda

Wow a 7 year old still fits? Must be teeny tiny. My godson at age 2 has almost outgrown the AOE. My 5 year old daycare kiddo is way over the top slots and he's tiny.

yes she does. but she also cannot eat or drink alot of dairy or meats doctors orders. she is really tiny next time i see her if i remember ill take pics of her in it. the straps are above her shoulder(second to top harness alot top is for booster only) and she is only 34 pounds. shes super small but she was a HUGE newborn.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
If you get to where you need to replace it, the EFTA is super easy to adjust also and can RF or FF. Yes, they can be nice seats.

fyrfightermomma

My 7 year old niece still fits with room to spare :) She's in one in her Dad's car and still has plenty of room in her Generations in her mom's car. She's smaller than my DD so I can believe it :)

Yep, if you ever need to get rid of it the Evenflo Triumph Advance is super nice for multiple kids too!

StillThankful

Good for you! I'm glad you really like the seat.

I took my DDs to BRU and played with some seats--The AOE in Sara was so cute and fit DD1 very well--That one stuck in my mind as a possible seat one day for my mom's or MIL's car.

momma2kda

If you get to where you need to replace it, the EFTA is super easy to adjust also and can RF or FF. Yes, they can be nice seats.

thanks for telling me i have never used an EFTA i've used the infant seats and i hate them so i guess you could say i have a grude against evenflo for their crappy portabouts, discovery, and embrace seats, i was almost ready to drive as fast as i could into a brick wall after using the portabout without the base...but i didn't want to hurt the babies, my car, or myself so i didn't ;) needless to say thank god that seat expired in december and i talked my friend into buying a new seat for her child so she would stop insisting i use the infant seat for her child. but when the touriva expires i think thats what i just might go and get.

NannyMom

You've checked your Touriva for notches, right? I know mine expired this year and it had them.

momma2kda

You've checked your Touriva for notches, right? I know mine expired this year and it had them.

this is going to sound stupid but what do you mean notches? hang on ill get my manual and read it again i just ordered a new one and got it

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You won't find it in the manual. You have to look under the cover. Some of them had notches in the shell's head area that have caused injuries and death-- but there was never a recall. Search "touriva notches" on this board and you'll find threads with pictures.

I love my CA for most of the things you describe. ;) It's almost the same shell, super easy to adjust, but with a 40 lbs. rear-facing and 50 lbs. forward-facing limit. :thumbsup:

momma2kda

You won't find it in the manual. You have to look under the cover. Some of them had notches in the shell's head area that have caused injuries and death-- but there was never a recall. Search "touriva notches" on this board and you'll find threads with pictures.

I love my CA for most of the things you describe. ;) It's almost the same shell, super easy to adjust, but with a 40 lbs. rear-facing and 50 lbs. forward-facing limit. :thumbsup:

i cant find any pictures but im pretty willing to just go out and buy a new seat as soon as i get the money instead of waiting cause out touriva says 'do not use after 2011' so im assuming december of this year. and i was looking at the CA but then the AOE went on sale cause the style was going extinct and the manufacture date was good so i grabbed it.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
i cant find any pictures but im pretty willing to just go out and buy a new seat as soon as i get the money instead of waiting cause out touriva says 'do not use after 2011' so im assuming december of this year. and i was looking at the CA but then the AOE went on sale cause the style was going extinct and the manufacture date was good so i grabbed it.

"Do not use after 2011" means the seat expires at the end of 2011 - it has another year and a half left before it would actually expire. If it has notches, though, then I'd replace it sooner if possible. :twocents:

momma2kda

"Do not use after 2011" means the seat expires at the end of 2011 - it has another year and a half left before it would actually expire. If it has notches, though, then I'd replace it sooner if possible. :twocents:

well if i can trick my childs father into believing its expiring this year i can more then likely go and replace it sooner ;) hes not car seat technical but he finally understands why seats expire and is gladly to replace them then.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I wouldn't trick him... just look up the info on the notches and explain. And BTW, I second (third? fourth?) the suggestion of the EFTA -- especially if you can get the new 65lb model -- as it is a DREAM to share between kiddos.

momma2kda

I wouldn't trick him... just look up the info on the notches and explain. And BTW, I second (third? fourth?) the suggestion of the EFTA -- especially if you can get the new 65lb model -- as it is a DREAM to share between kiddos.

ok thank you!!! tomorrow i will have my baby my friends baby and i am gonna go steal(borrow) my niece since she is out of school now and we are going to babiesrus to find the PERFECT seat :) my childs father has given me a $200 spending limit!! YAY!! so were going to play car seats!! and i am trying them out in my car('07 nissan maxima) to see which ones fit and which ones don't!! im so excited!! i dont care how crazy i sound!!! :))))) :)))))) (((:) (((:) and now i dont have to worry about the touriva!!!

pj2rc

I just saw an all in one on clearance at Sears -- but now I can't remember which it was. It was around $65. I know the 3 in ones aren't recommended because no seat really fits everything from 0-8 ... but just of curiosity ... are they ok for harness, rf and ff, but not booster -- or some other combination. Or does it just depend on the seat. I wouldn't buy one for myself, but thought it would be nice for a grandparent or someone who had occassional use for a variety of kids.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just saw an all in one on clearance at Sears -- but now I can't remember which it was. It was around $65. I know the 3 in ones aren't recommended because no seat really fits everything from 0-8 ... but just of curiosity ... are they ok for harness, rf and ff, but not booster -- or some other combination. Or does it just depend on the seat. I wouldn't buy one for myself, but thought it would be nice for a grandparent or someone who had occassional use for a variety of kids.

For that price, it's probably not one of the 'better' ones (with 17" top slots and a 50lb harness limit)... check out this blog entry on how many there are! http://carseatblog.com/?p=1394

And to the OP, you might even consider the Symphony 65 for your next favorite seat, it has the great harness adjustment of the Triumph, but it also actually becomes a really *good* booster that can be used LATCHed in the car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC