britax boulevard or radian xtsl?

jack&libby'smom

I'm looking for a new carseat for my 3 mo dd. She's currently in a maxi-cosi infant seat (leftover from when my ds was born 4.5 years ago) and, since the rec's re RFing have changed since then, I'm looking for a good convertible seat that will last as long as she needs a carseat.

I think I've narrowed it down to the britax boulevard or the radian xtsl. Which would you pick? Any major pros or cons to either?

DS is in a britax frontier. WE went to buy a radian, but he tried out both and picked the britax - he said it was more comfortable and he liked that it rides higher. Is the britax still the more comfortable seat?

And finally, since this one's a girl, which seat looks better (this is by far the least of my concerns)? It'll either be the Britax in Shannon or the Radian in Flora.

Thanks!

ADS

amylynne01

I personally would go with a Radian XTSL. It has a higher RFing limit than the Boulevard (45lbs compared to 35lbs) and a higher FFing limit (80lbs compared to 65lbs). The Radian is also taller than the Boulevard and has more leg room which is crucial for RFing toddlers and pre-schoolers.

I LOVE how slim the Radian is and yet it is super comfy. My older DD (2.5) refuses to ride in DH's truck because her pink seat (Radian) is in my truck!

However, it does depend on what vehicle you have. Radians are known for having install issues, but if you can make it work, it is totally worth it.

Lulu

I agree with the above post. Plus I have the Radian in Flora. It's even nicer looking in person. :thumbsup:

Definitely do a little research on compatibility first.

ETA: I just realized that my Radian pattern might not be Flora. I have the pink and brown seat- Petal? Anyway, the pink and brown seat is what I have and it is much better looking in person than online. I think Flora is the one that I tried to encourage my 2yo to choose, but she was adamant about the "pink" one.

Last edited:

mykidsmylife

I am going to sell my Blvd to get DD a Radian. Her legs are already bent in the Blvd and she is only 13m old. Seth is really uncomfortable rear-facing in it.
So I defiently would go with the Radian.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Before I say get the radian, what vehicle will this be going in and with latch or seatbelt? Radians are notorious for install issues in some cars.

You might want to look at the truefit and the graco myride, also. Or even the safety first complete air, depending on how big your little girl is now.

SavsMom

I would get a Radian - so long as it installs okay in your vehicle.

While I loved my Boulevard my daughter became uncomfy in it at about 2 - there simply wasn't enough leg room and you could tell she was feeling squished - we sold it and got a Radian and a Symphony65.

BrendansMommy

This was me a few months ago. I had a BLVD with my older son and loved it--it got him through a major accident beautifully. But, I felt like the Radian XTSL was the better buy for us right now. The ability to RF longer was the major seller for me. I also feel more comfortable with the Radian for FF.

There are some compatibility issues with some cars, but in mine, I found the Radian to be a breeze (I've never seen another one IRL, though). It does seem to take up more room RFing than the BLVD did, but in my vehicle, it's not really a problem.

Corey_Proud_Daddy

I just bought 3 of these to go across the back row of my 08 Odyssey and I have to say the feel more solid and are easier to buckle the kids in then the Boulevard we had in there between to Parkway SGs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC