Misuse on car seat website

ADS

jjordan

How ironic is it that the picture of the baby forward facing is RIGHT NEXT to this:

One study found that in children up to two years olds in rear facing seats were 15% more effective in providing protection in crashes than forward facing seats.

Something weird going on there!

monstah

That's the group picture for the "forward facing parents" group on Babycenter. I wonder who stole it from who.

hrice

OMG those shoulder straps are rediculously high and that baby hardly even looks to be 1 year old!

Ladyl

That's the group picture for the "forward facing parents" group on Babycenter. I wonder who stole it from who.

Is any one else on Babycenter looking for this group? I must be glutton for punishment for doing this. I'm not going to say anything to them, but am wondering what misinformation they must have...

mrs_teeee67

wow! A HORRIBLY misused seat on that sort of site REALLY ought to have a big 'no smoking' circle' over it! sheeeeeeeeeesh

*REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY curious about a 'forward facing GROUP'??*

Mom2FiveGirls

I found the group on babycenter. You have to send a message saying why you want to join. I have a feeling "I just wanted to check out the group and see what, if any, unsafe advice was being given" wouldn't get me in... I might BS a reason just to check it out though...although that's just asking to get upset I'm afraid...

Anyway, here is the description "A place for parents looking for a safe and open forum regarding car seats and all of the options, including Forward Facing."

monstah

Don't bother with the forward facing group. :twocents: It is private & strictly monitored for ERF advocates and they don't really talk about much. It's pretty boring. :p I was a member and would casually read on occasion (never posted) to understand what their mindset was. It was helpful for me to think of other ways to talk to parents who are hesitant to ERF. Then I was booted.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC