I got a washer and dryer

crystal vowell

Ok so I got a washer and dryer $375 for the set.It is a new Whirpool scratch and dent.Now the question comes does anyone no where to get some good cheap bath towels?

ADS

Amaris

I usually get mine from Kohls when they have a sale. The have one called the big one that turns out very soft after you wash it, though it doesn't feel so soft in the store. My MIL has been using these towels for years and they look brand new. If you watch they will have a sale for $3.99 each, or buy one get one free. I think they are normally 8 or 9 each.

Splash

Goodwill or Salvation Army will have cheap towels if you are okay with used. Otherwise Target or Wal-Mart. They might not be the softest and nicest, but they'll dry you off fine.

mommy2jana

I actually got a few really super soft and thick ones from Walmart last weekend for about $5 each.

I'd check out the sales papers and see if any stores around are having a "White Sale" - you can get really great towels for pretty cheap.

Kohl's is also a great place to get towels.

Congrats on your washer and dryer! Have you moved out yet? How are things going for you being out on your own?

crystal vowell

I actually got a few really super soft and thick ones from Walmart last weekend for about $5 each.

I'd check out the sales papers and see if any stores around are having a "White Sale" - you can get really great towels for pretty cheap.

Kohl's is also a great place to get towels.

Congrats on your washer and dryer! Have you moved out yet? How are things going for you being out on your own?

I have not moved out yet I get my keys on wednesday.Right now I am going through pure hell.

Yoshi

You can usually find some nice towels at Marshall's- especially if you don't mind "mix and match" you can get some clearance ones for $3-4 each. I have gotten complete sets for less than $12. Irregular sheets and towels are my favorite bargains!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I love JCPenney's towels.

IIRC, they're on sale for 3.99 ea right now.

Years ago, I saw this comparison thing ... maybe in Good Housekeeping? and JCP towels rated as high, or higher, than many of the higher end towels, and they were regularly priced at just a fraction of the cost.

LuvBug

we got some nice ones at kmart for cheap. They are big and roomy too. I hate when the towels are all showy and dont cover you up good ;) lol

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
How about a dollar store? I'm surprised at all the things they have there... Do you have one nearby?

JaRylan

Congrats on the washer and dryer! Good luck on Wed when you get the keys.

Cheap dishes - I don't know if you have a Value Village (thrift store) but you can get some nice dishes there for cheap. A friend of mine bought a bunch of mismatched china from there for everyday, makes for a funky look. I always buy stuff on clearance and you can find some pretty good deals right now.

super_grape

My Grandma(who was good at finding deals) used to buy both her towels and dishes/tupperware/silverware/glasses at Doller General,
Family Dollar, and Big Lots...I've seen nicer stuff at Big Lots
on occasion because they get closeouts from higher end stores.

HTH!

cpsaddict

For towels, Walmart has some that are $2.88 each. I have some and they are really nice. I was pleasantly surprised.
For dishes, Walmart has open stock dishes that are nice. My mom has these and if they break, you can easily get another plate, etc. for cheap. I got mine at the Dollar Tree. My name is Jacky and I am cheap!:D

Good luck!

scatterbunny

All my dishes came from the dollar store or the thrift store. :) I don't mind used dishes.

Used towels--eh, I'd rather have new. Wal-Mart has the best prices on towels that I've seen.

Splash

Dishes-

I hate wal-mart. I buy nothing from wal-mart. Except their 88 cent dishes. Lots of them. I do not like glass or ceramic or correlle, I like plastic. So, I buy plastic plates and bowls and cups from wal-mart. 4 for 88 cents. If you find cheaper than that, I'll eat my shoe.

Oh, and I've used the same ones for years with no problems. They do last.

LuvBug

Ive gotten LOTS of dishes at walmart lol! I usually buy the out of season sale items. We also have a lot of used ones from yardsales and thrifts.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I lvoe the palstic dishes at Wal MArt. That is what me and my Dh bought when we first moved out (3years ago) and aside form teh ones that mysteriously walk out of our house and are never seen again, they are in great shape.:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I love JCPenney's towels.

IIRC, they're on sale for 3.99 ea right now.

Years ago, I saw this comparison thing ... maybe in Good Housekeeping? and JCP towels rated as high, or higher, than many of the higher end towels, and they were regularly priced at just a fraction of the cost.

OMG, that's SO true! I thought I was nuts for loving some JCP towels I had once...they were SO nice! I just buy at cosco or sam's now...they are eh, so so... Kmart has ok towels...the Martha Stewarts com in various quality grades so it's easy to get the cheap ones. The funnest decorator thing I've done lately is use beach towels in the kids bathrooms (my mom used to FREAK if I used the wrong towel for the wrong purpose, so this was big for me, lol)...they are the cheap ones, but have little fish on them and are adorable in our fish-themed bathroom. Since they are thin, they dry you off easily and dry quickly, I wish I had done this years ago (cheap beachtowels).

:)

scatterbunny

Hehe, we have two different Barbie beach towels in our rotation. :p I love them! They're huge, thin and absorbent.

None of my towels match, I just buy a couple when they're on sale somewhere, and I buy what I like at the moment, not what matches anything. :eek:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have to say I have never really bought towels! I received so many for shower/wedding gifts that we are still using them 7yrs later :)

I have bought hand towels though, and they are just the $1.88 ones from the Real Canadian Super Store (you don't have that store). They aren't bad and I figured they are cheap enough so why not. I keep stalking up so I don't have to wash them all the time, ideally I would love to have one for everyday of the week (I think I am at 4) :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC