Question 3 across in VW Touareg

canadianmama

Hello!

I am looking to fit 3 across in the future in my VW Touareg. Right now I have a Britax Marathon and a Boulevard and the middle seat has very little space. My boys are now 21 months and almost 4 (in 22 days). I also have a Chicco infant seat for baby #3 in the future. I think by the time we have a 3rd, boys will be almost 3 and 5. We are trying to configure the car seat situation w/out having to buy a bigger car. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am a big planner so getting a head start on the planning :)

I have been looking at the Britax Frontier and the Sunshine Radian, I hear the Radians are the slimmest on the market. Just trying to maximize space and still be able to use at least one or two seats that I currently own plus pass down the new one we buy. Thanks a million!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
At a guess, two Radians and a Britax should work fairly well, especially if the Britax and one of the Radians are rear facing.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

thank you!

Do you think a bucket seat plus two radian is doable too???

I guess I was hoping to fit at least one of the Britax seats plus radian plus the bucket seat but I don't think that will happen! ;)

Is the Radian the slimmest on the market these days??

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Radian is the slimmest. The Coccoro is very slim as well, but it's much smaller all around, so it won't last as long. It's possible a Britax, Radian, and bucket would fit, especially if all three were rear facing, but I think two Radians and a bucket (then the Britax when the baby is done with the bucket) would probably work better.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

as for the Radian, is it worth it to get the 80, or better to stick with the 65 since the kids usually outgrow the height reqs first anyway?? or worth it to spend the extra on the other seat??

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You're right about the Coccoro in Canada, Amy. I forgot that's where the OP was.

Unless you have either a remarkably heavy child, or you must have one of the covers on the 80, I'd go with the 65. I don't think the 80 has an 80 pound limit in Canada anyway. Someone else will clear up the Radian weight limits there for you. But I think they max out at 65 pounds.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

yes, the pound limits and height limits here are lower even on the exact same seats. Always wondered why??

amyd

You're right about the Coccoro in Canada, Amy. I forgot that's where the OP was.

Unless you have either a remarkably heavy child, or you must have one of the covers on the 80, I'd go with the 65. I don't think the 80 has an 80 pound limit in Canada anyway. Someone else will clear up the Radian weight limits there for you. But I think they max out at 65 pounds.

Wendy

Yeah, we don't have the 80 (well, we have it, but it's called the Premier & it's limit is 65lbs). The only difference here is that that it comes in different cover choices & includes the infant insert. Cost is about $30 difference, which is basically the cost of the infant insert if you bought it separately.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC