CA findings

swtgi1982

Has anyone else noticed with their CA naked, that it appears that they knew from day one the newer models would have a base? mine are both DOM jul 09. Both have the cut outs where the bases would attach on the newer models. So the shell is apparently the same as in newer models, just with added base. So if they did this knowing they were adding a base why not just do it from day one! I do not get Dorel!

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I think it's more that the shell itself is actually the shell they used on their 50 lb alpha omegas, which do have bases, so the cutouts were already there. I'm honestly not sure why they decided to put the base back on...I'm thinking parents must like it, because techs certainly don't. I think probably marketing "ooh, our seat ha a recline feature" played into it.

jessi f

I'm kind of glad they have the baseless option since it's less expensive. Mine installs nice and upright for and older child without the base and if I wanted some recline I'd rather get a $3 pool noodle than pay an extra $50 or so for the base. But I'm just cheap like that ;) I got mine after they'd been around for a while so the price had gone down alot though. I probably would care more if I'd paid as much as or more than the model with the base costs now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC