Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Luanhelo

Question New baby carseat help

Our daugther will be born soon and I want to know if I installed the carseat properly. It rear facing in the back seat on the left passenger side. Should it be in the middle? Thanks for your help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Re: New baby carseat help

Hi! What kind of carseat is it--an infant seat with a base or a convertible seat? What's the manufacturer and name of the seat? What vehicle make/model/year is the seat installed in?

Once we know these things, we'll be able to help you out .

Luanhelo

Question Re: New baby carseat help

Is an infant seat with a base by BAbytrend the model is Gabriella. I don't know the year of the carseat but we got it in 2009 as a present. The car is a Toyota Rav4L 2001

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: New baby carseat help

After you've installed the seat, check at the belt path for less than 1" of movement. If there's more than that it's not tight enough.

I'd try the middle, but if you can't get a good installation there then try outboard.

Make sure the seat is reclined to 45º by putting the recline foot down as necessary.

BT requires that the handle be down in the car, so make sure it fits front to back.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785