comparison of body types at same weight.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Judt for fun, I thought I would go ahead and show some photos of dd at the same weight but different heights and ages. I think that sometimes people have a hard time picturing different body types and stuff.

I believe dd to be fairly unique in that she weighs the same now at 30 months as she did at 9 months.

yep, you heard me.
She was 31 pounds at 9 months, 31 pounds at 12 months, 31 pounds at 18 months, 28 pounds at 24 months (she had been very sick and lost several pounds) and 31 pounds at 30 months.

Just try finding clothes, diapers, ANYTHING for a 31 pound short little 9 month old~!!!!LOL

Anyway, here is dd as a ridiculously round 31 pound 9 month old.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bobandj...576460762315925909/photo/294928803117086377/4

A still ridiculously chunky 12 month old.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bobandj...576460762315971851/photo/294928803117196644/2

A normal range but above average 18 month old

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bobandj...76460762315952880/photo/294928803117059385/20

And a perfectly proportioned 24 month old.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bobandj...576460762364667331/photo/294928803897837242/8

(shown here stretching in gymnastics class, you can see she is no longer fat.)
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bobandj...76460762372555228/photo/294928804008094769/13

There you go!

ADS

LuvBug

thats one consistant kiddo!

It is very hard to picture children of the same weight as such different sizes. Also children of the same height, or age, or even same height weight and age. Kids can carry it so differently!!

JaRylan

She is adorable! My nephew was like that too a bit. Pants that had miles of room left in the legs were cutting him in half at the waist and now they fit.

scatterbunny

I love age progression photos--what a cutie! :p

I bet it was so hard having a 9mo/31# child! What seat did you have her in?

broken4u05

she is soo cute. i love chunky babies... They are just sooo cute. And like you showed most grow out of it.

Yoshi

She is ONE cute little kid!!! Amazing that she has stayed the same weight- what did the pediatrician say in the beginning? Did they reassure you all would be well? My DD was chubby, too- she was all roly poly with all those extra chins and thigh rolls, arm rolls. You would have thought I was feeding her twinkies in my breast milk! Only people who did not understand BF babies had difficulty with the concept- they thought I was "overfeeding" her or something.
Thanks for posting! You may help reassure someone who is worried about their baby's weight.

You may be right about her being fairly unique, but this is how most of my kids' growth has gone. Not necessarily staying at the *exact* same weight, but with very little fluctuation between being a chunky, heavy pre-toddler and a trim pre-schooler. I wish I had some photo progressions like yours!

My children have usually topped out somewhere around 20-25 lbs. as infants, and held that weight (within a couple of pounds) until somewhere around 3 years. My 5 year old gained maybe 3-4 lbs. between her first birthday and her 3rd, then had a major growth spurt between 3 & 4 years. She creeped from 25 lbs. to about 28-29 lbs., then surged to 35 lbs., which she has stayed at for 2 more years now.

My almost 3 yr. old daughter weighed about 22 lbs. at her first birthday. She'll turn 3 next month, and weighs 24-25 lbs. There's a huge difference between her pudgy little baby rolls at 22 lbs., and her petite little self nowadays.

I rarely come across anyone else whose kiddos grow like this, at least to this extent. Most toddlers' weight gain does slow down dramatically, but not usually to the point of remaining static, as seems to be the case here.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I love age progression photos--what a cutie! :p

I bet it was so hard having a 9mo/31# child! What seat did you have her in?

:eek:

I hadn't researched car seats at all. Which is just ridiculous and amazing all at once considering how much i researched my head off about all other parenting topics. I guess i just thought as long as i got one and was using it, that was enough. *sigh*

At 9 months she was in a FF Graco comfortsport.

Because, as we all know, it only RF until 30 pounds. And I had no clue there were other seats that RF longer. So, when i found out she weighed 31 pounds at 9 months, I was a little perplexed, because i had heard a child was supposed to be 20 pounds AND 1 year, and that for kids over 1 year between 20 and 30 pounds, you had the choice to RF or FF.(although i didn't actually realize how mich safer it is to RF, i just thought it was like a choice, you know?)

BUT..there was NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING written for what to do with a child who was OVER 30 pounds before 1 year old. Considering how far off the charts she was, I assume it just doesn't happen very often, LOL!!!

So, i called Graco to ask them what to do. ODDLY enough, they did NOT mention purchasing a seat with a higher RF limit. (geez, i wonder why...??)They told me I had to turn dd FF, as the seat could only be used RF until 30 pounds. I even called my local police CPS guy, and he confirmed that if my seat said the RF limit was 30 pounds, I had to turn it FF. He said he'd never heard of a kid meeting the RF limit before a year, but that I could not go over the seat limit, so he thought I had to turn her FF. He NEVER said anything about buying a seat with a higher RF limit.
So, having done what i thought was responsible (calling Graco and the police!) I turned her. It wasn't until MUCH later (when she outgrew the Stupid, worthless, STUPID seat by height FF at 24 months) that I started to research carseats, because putting her in a BPBOOSTER at that point (which is what i had always thought you did after outgrowing a convertible) just seemed...not right. And i found you guys and started researching and realized i had had the rotten luck of having chosen probably the absolute WORST seat i could have and then ended up having a gigantic child......it was like a worst case scenario. LOL.

By the time i realized what was what, she was 2, and too tall for the Scenera RF going by the shell, and we just didn't have the money to get something like a Ma...and her weight actually fluctuates a little from month to month, she has been as high as 33 pounds and down to 30(down to 28 when she got very ill last fall), although she tends to plateau around 31, so i just couldn't justify scrimping, etc to get one when she might very well have gained a couple pounds and been over the RF weight limit just a very short time after i bought it, you know?

Anyway, she is now in an evenflo Vision, harnessed. (its like a chase) It installs beeee-yutifully, it fits her REALLY well and she likes it.
I have 2 more inches to go until she reaches the top slots, and about 9 pounds, and she should be 4 ish by that time. Then we can look at options such as a regent, radian or possibly new Recaro or whatever else might be new at that time....unless it seems like she can use a TB or PW correctly...we'll just have to see....

Simplysomething

Because, as we all know, it only RF until 30 pounds. And I had no clue there were other seats that RF longer.

You know how many of us could have posted something very similar? The best thing is now, we all know better. lol

That and convertibles don't top out at 20/22 lbs rear-facing anymore. (How young was your dd when she was 22 lbs? Probably makes 9 months seem positively ancient..)

I only got to see the first couple of photos, the one gave me the yahoo pictures "uh oh something bad happened" frankly, I think yahoo photos hates me. (i've had lots of yahoo photos issues lately. lol). I agree with everyone else, what a cutie pie!

We need to make one of those.."see we used to not know too!" pages. lol

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
She is ONE cute little kid!!! Amazing that she has stayed the same weight- what did the pediatrician say in the beginning? Did they reassure you all would be well? My DD was chubby, too- she was all roly poly with all those extra chins and thigh rolls, arm rolls. You would have thought I was feeding her twinkies in my breast milk! Only people who did not understand BF babies had difficulty with the concept- they thought I was "overfeeding" her or something.
Thanks for posting! You may help reassure someone who is worried about their baby's weight.

lol...I'm not really the type to be "reassured" by a pedi! LOL!

She was born at home unassisted and then checked by a midwife 2 days after birth. We did not find a doctor we liked until she was 9 months old, which was her first official "well check". I did take her to a local breastfeeding clinic every single week until she was 7 months old, and weighed her, because we had a TON of breastfeeding trouble. Ironically, it was because i was UNDERfeeding her that she was so fat. I was producing very little milk(due to a hormone problem called PCOS), so there was hardly any low-calorie foremilk, so dd was getting a bunch of thick hindmilk ALL the time, which is likely why she chunked up so much. She was getting pretty near straight cream! lol!! (ironically, a friend of mine ended up having failure to thrive because she had a SUPER overabundance of milk..so her poor babe never got any hindmilk and they couldn't fix it so he had to be artificially fed after about 6 months) After finding our great doc at 9 months, We did "well-checks" at a year, 18 months and 24 months, and now are just doing a yearly physical. We have never had a sick visit, although she was diagnosed with asthma at her 2 yr visit, which we already knew, since everyone in dh's family has it. Since we don't do any type of immunization, frequent visits weren't necesary.
I did not worry about her weight. I knew that by being exclusively breastfed, even with our issues, she would likely eventually be the size she is supposed to be. On that note, she has just recently weaned herself....which is sort of sad.

Being obese and diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at age 22, I am VERY conscious of my families eating habits and health. I will do everything in my power to make sure she has the best possible health she can.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
You know how many of us could have posted something very similar? The best thing is now, we all know better. lol

That and convertibles don't top out at 20/22 lbs rear-facing anymore. (How young was your dd when she was 22 lbs? Probably makes 9 months seem positively ancient..)

I only got to see the first couple of photos, the one gave me the yahoo pictures "uh oh something bad happened" frankly, I think yahoo photos hates me. (i've had lots of yahoo photos issues lately. lol). I agree with everyone else, what a cutie pie!

We need to make one of those.."see we used to not know too!" pages. lol

Thanks for trying to make me feel better...it just makes me so mad though.....i mean, it was my responsibility to take care of dd, to make sure she was safe, etc...I can't believe that I, who takes nobody's word for anything, and researches EVERYTHING, was so totally blind on this issue!! It makes me want to just scream!!!

We never used a "bucket". But, for the record, she was 20 pounds at 14 weeks, and 22 pounds at 16 weeks. So we wouldn't have gotten much use out of one anyway!lol!!

And yes, i agree, she is a cutie pie.
One who is chanting "library, library" in my ear, so I've gotta go!LOL!

scatterbunny

:eek:

I hadn't researched car seats at all. Which is just ridiculous and amazing all at once considering how much i researched my head off about all other parenting topics. I guess i just thought as long as i got one and was using it, that was enough. *sigh*

Because, as we all know, it only RF until 30 pounds. And I had no clue there were other seats that RF longer. So, when i found out she weighed 31 pounds at 9 months, I was a little perplexed, because i had heard a child was supposed to be 20 pounds AND 1 year, and that for kids over 1 year between 20 and 30 pounds, you had the choice to RF or FF.(although i didn't actually realize how mich safer it is to RF, i just thought it was like a choice, you know?)

BUT..there was NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING written for what to do with a child who was OVER 30 pounds before 1 year old. Considering how far off the charts she was, I assume it just doesn't happen very often, LOL!!!

So, i called Graco to ask them what to do. ODDLY enough, they did NOT mention purchasing a seat with a higher RF limit. (geez, i wonder why...??)They told me I had to turn dd FF, as the seat could only be used RF until 30 pounds. I even called my local police CPS guy, and he confirmed that if my seat said the RF limit was 30 pounds, I had to turn it FF. He said he'd never heard of a kid meeting the RF limit before a year, but that I could not go over the seat limit, so he thought I had to turn her FF. He NEVER said anything about buying a seat with a higher RF limit.
So, having done what i thought was responsible (calling Graco and the police!) I turned her. It wasn't until MUCH later (when she outgrew the Stupid, worthless, STUPID seat by height FF at 24 months) that I started to research carseats, because putting her in a BPBOOSTER at that point (which is what i had always thought you did after outgrowing a convertible) just seemed...not right. And i found you guys and started researching and realized i had had the rotten luck of having chosen probably the absolute WORST seat i could have and then ended up having a gigantic child......it was like a worst case scenario. LOL.

By the time i realized what was what, she was 2, and too tall for the Scenera RF going by the shell, and we just didn't have the money to get something like a Ma...and her weight actually fluctuates a little from month to month, she has been as high as 33 pounds and down to 30(down to 28 when she got very ill last fall), although she tends to plateau around 31, so i just couldn't justify scrimping, etc to get one when she might very well have gained a couple pounds and been over the RF weight limit just a very short time after i bought it, you know?

Anyway, she is now in an evenflo Vision, harnessed. (its like a chase) It installs beeee-yutifully, it fits her REALLY well and she likes it.
I have 2 more inches to go until she reaches the top slots, and about 9 pounds, and she should be 4 ish by that time. Then we can look at options such as a regent, radian or possibly new Recaro or whatever else might be new at that time....unless it seems like she can use a TB or PW correctly...we'll just have to see....

((hugs)) I didn't mean to drag up old, bad feelings with my question. And no judgments. We do the best we can with what we know at the time. You went above and beyond by calling Graco and the police, and thought you were doing everything right.

I got suckered by a crappy seat for a larger child, too. We had a Cosco 3-in-1, thinking it would be the only seat we would ever need. We had dd forward-facing at 13 months and about 25 pounds. At 2 she was 36 inches and 32 pounds (and too big for a ComfortSport), at 2.5 she was 38 inches and 35 pounds and too big for her 3-in-1's harness. No way she was moving to a booster! So I found this place, and as they say, the rest is history. :p

She hit 40 pounds (and about 41 inches) at 3.5, was 45 pounds (and about 45 inches) at 4.5, but now at 5 years, 8 months she's only about 46-48 pounds and 48 inches tall. Her growth is definitely slowing down, the past year or so.

scatterbunny

Hey, I have PCOS, too! We had all kinds of other BFing problems due to Hayley being tongue-tied, I didn't even realize we could have had other problems with BFing due to the PCOS.

Simplysomething

We never used a "bucket". But, for the record, she was 20 pounds at 14 weeks, and 22 pounds at 16 weeks. So we wouldn't have gotten much use out of one anyway!lol!!

For the record, when I'm talking about the seats that topped out at 20/22 lbs, I'm not talking about the infant seats, I'm talking convertibles. That was my experiance when my oldest son was an infant. Now, they all go up to at least 30, which is a heck of a lot better. lol

hapaness

What a cutie! I LOVE those rolls!
btw,
I got nosey and checked out your dipes for sale folder...do you have anything left?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh WOW, that's wild!!! She's adorable :D (lol, my kids are like 19 pounds... at 6 months, nine months, 12 months, 15 months... )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC