Who gets what seat?

fyrfightermomma

I promise this will be my last thread. I didn't think I needed to figure this out so soon!

Alright these are the seats I have.

Evelyn uses a GN and a Recaro YS in our cars
Sophia uses a FFing Radian XT in DH's car and a RFing Radian XT in my car
Joey uses a Keyfit 30 in both obviously.

I have two spare seats-a TB and a Vivo and no other spare seats

So Joey is gonna be out of a bucket quick. Quicker than I thought. If I buy another I'll probably only get like 4 more months out of it or something.

We have like zero money now that we have to buy E's formula so buying new seats doesn't appeal greatly to me.

So when Joey goes to a convertible, what should I do?

My options are:
1. Spend no money. E goes into the spare boosters we have in each car. She'd probably be 5y3m and 36-37 lbs and 43-44". Then Sophia gets the YS and GN and Joey gets the two Radians. Not thrilled about the booster thing especially since DH has a 05 Sedona which isn't the best for crash test ratings.

2. Buy E two new FFing seats. Sophie gets the GN and YS and Joey gets the Radians. The boosters sit around till we need them.

3. Buy S two new seats. E keeps her current seats and I smoosh her into the YS as long as humanely possible. Sophie gets two new FFing seats and Joey gets the Radians.

4. Joey gets two new convertibles. Sophia keeps the Radians and they eventually go FFing until she inherits E's seats. E keeps her GN and YS until she's booster ready.

Thoughts?

ADS

abigaylebelle

How about just one new ff seat for either E or S and then E can ride part time in a booster? You would be the best judge of her booster maturity but if you only have boosters for her and she doesn't do well then you'd be kind of stuck. It sounds like J will need radians since he's so tall so maybe pass the gn and ys to S and buy a maestro for E and then she can use a booster in your car.

Heather86

Would it be possible to start booster training E in one car and then pass the ys to S and a radian to J ? Since you said you were squishing her into the ys ? Then only have to buy one seat ?

If that's not an option and you think E isn't ready to booster I'd say get her the new seats or get her a new seat and S a new seat and pass the ys to s and a radian to J. After seeing the pics of j in the kf I don't think I'd get another bucket :twocents:

Holly

Can you have E in a booster temporarily, sell the infant seat, and use that money to get another FF seat for E?

urchin_grey

Yours:

E - Vivo
S - RF'ing Radian
J - RF'ing Scenera

DH's:

E - Nauti
S - YS
J - RF'ing Radian

Just an idea... but that way, E is still harnessed in DH's van and S is still RF'ing in yours but you only have to spend like $35 on the Scenera.

fyrfightermomma

I just don't want her in a booster full time yet. SHe's figured out she can move now (took 4 months!) and I do have to remind her frequently to sit up and it distracts me *sigh* She's not horrible but not ready right now for full time use. She's so narrow it doesn't take much for her shoulder to slip out.

I talked to DH. I think we've figured it out.

We will sell the KF and extra base and buy a Shuttle 33 (appears to be the tallest at this time other than the OB35 which I really don't want and I can get it fairly cheap with the tech discount). Use that and hope he slows down. I don't really have any time left in the KF so I gotta choose now. DH does not want him in a convertible right now and is willing to spend the money, even if it only gives us another 4 months or so. Sophia was out of her snugride by 3 months and had a huge torso. She was as big as he was but she slowed down around 18 months. She hasn't gained at all and her torso hasn't grown since 18 months :) I hope he does the same. Now she's a normal sized kid :) but she was ginormous like him before.

E will get something from swap if I can find it in the mean time (GN or generations or something) otherwise she'll get a Maestro and keep her other GN. Sophia will get one Radian and the YS and hope she doesn't gain fast :p

Joey will get the other Radian and a cheap convertible in the back up car.

Maybe by the time he outgrows the Shuttle, she'll be ready for a booster in my car and we won't even have to buy her anything. Just Joey a convertible.

Plus I can save up a decent amount of money in the mean time to try to get a better seat for one of them.

We shall see if this works!

Man I remember back in the day when I could buy any seat I pleased whenever I wanted. Ohh how times have changed! :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC