Yea or Nay?

fyrfightermomma

Is he done?

We saved up so long for this seat. I'm so bummed it didn't last longer. I guess getting a CCO would be pointless huh? :whistle:

I'm hoping to get a SS1 in the next week or so to buy me some time to let the girls mature a little and get used to walking by themselves and hopefully get Joey to sitting age. I was hoping through next winter but I think that's pushing my luck

J is 3 months, 16-17 pounds and I have no idea how long. I think like 26-27".

101_3032.jpg

101_3033.jpg

101_3034.jpg

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

It looks like he still has about 1/2-1 inch of room to grow to me unless the cover is poofed above the shell alot. However at this age that might not take long. Will the SS1 give you alot more room? I think the On Board 35 has a taller shell than the SS1 does, so have you thought about that one instead?

fyrfightermomma

Okay, looking at the spreadsheet, the KF 30, SS1/Snugride 32 and Onboard 35 all have internal height measurements of 20"

So does that mean they are all the same and he'll have outgrown all of them?

canadiangie

If he were mine I would call the KF done, but technically I think he still has 1/2" or so to go.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is take him to the store and sit him in some larger infant seats. Measurement spreadsheet or not, sometimes kids will sit in a seat have magically have extra room.. if that makes sense.

He's cute, btw. And huge.

nmb

If you move him, you could still keep that carseat in the trunk (or installed on an empty seat if your car has room) and use if for restaurants / shopping / etc if you wanted.

crunchierthanthou

I think the OnBoard 35 seems to be the tallest infant seat. I don't know that I'd spend money on even that if he's growing that fast. Might switch to disposable dipes though...

eta: what about the Shuttle 33? Height is in relation to the headrest, which extends a couple inches beyond the shell.

JerseyGirl'sMama

I agree that he has a little bit of room left, about a half inch or so, and huge is an understatement, lol. I'm guessing he didn't fit that Woombie for very long?! :eek:

Oh, and he is ADORABLE. I love his eyes. :love:

fyrfightermomma

I think the OnBoard 35 seems to be the tallest infant seat. I don't know that I'd spend money on even that if he's growing that fast. Might switch to disposable dipes though...

eta: what about the Shuttle 33? Height is in relation to the headrest, which extends a couple inches beyond the shell.

It's something we are willing to spend money on to make it work in our car and for convienence. We just don't have tons of money LOL. He still needs a convertible after this(well technically he'll get the Radians so Sophia really be the one who needs a new FFing seat but she could have the YS and GN but then E would need two new seats unless I booster her which I already have two booster-it's quite the ordeal as you see) :)

I was thinking of always doing sposies in the car to give us some room.

I know nothing about the Shuttle 33. There's no where to try it in person. But if it's taller than the SS1 it might be worth a shot. Anyone know more about it?

fyrfightermomma

So other than the OB35, this appears to be the tallest. She measured at like 22".

I know nothing about these seats. I'll have to research!

Calleiah

Just a warning though about the Shuttle 33's. They cannot be used without the base after 22 lbs. I know, it sounds completely weird, but I pulled up the manual online and confirmed it myself. Just that totally disqualified this seat for me, I need one I can move to DH's car without the base. Just thought I'd warn you!

http://content.combi-intl.com.asp1-.../combi/Manuals/Model-8097-2010-Shuttle-33.pdf
page 4 for the confirmation.

Last edited:

crunchierthanthou

Just a warning though about the Shuttle 33's. They cannot be used without the base after 22 lbs. I know, it sounds completely weird, but I pulled up the manual online and confirmed it myself. Just that totally disqualified this seat for me, I need one I can move to DH's car without the base. Just thought I'd warn you!

http://content.combi-intl.com.asp1-.../combi/Manuals/Model-8097-2010-Shuttle-33.pdf
page 4 for the confirmation.

yes, that's true. IIRC, it says it right on the seat.

fyrfightermomma

i knew that from my installs I did. It doesn't break the deal for me. I've never used a seat without a base for either my foster kids or any of my babies :)

I doubt he'd be in the seat much past 22 lbs anyways cause of his height

thanks though!

Calleiah

Yeah, it was on the top of my list until I found out about the base thing. Just wanted to let you know so you didnt find out after the fact. :D

fyrfightermomma

Well thanks to the kindness of a local tech and member here, Joey will be getting a SS1. :)

Hopefully it will last long enough for us to scrape together some money for a seat for either E or J when he outgrows the bucket.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC