Annoying seatbelt-belt guide issue w/Vivo (pics)

a_js

I'm having some trouble with the Vivo (just moved it into my car). The belt guide is really narrow and the seatbelt seems to be getting hung up in it.

Pic with belt just sitting there
p_00162.jpg

Pics with DS in it
p_00161.jpg

p_00160.jpg

Pic with no one in the seat, just me holding the seatbelt how it would be positioned if someone were sitting in there
p_00162.jpg

I think because it has to angle outwards quite a bit after it leads the belt guide, and the guide is pretty much just a thin slit, it's getting hung up in there. Tonight when I buckled him in (we hadn't started the car yet or anything) DS leaned forward about 6 inches to reach something and then sat back. When he sat back in the seat the belt didn't retract and stayed really loose. :confused: I haven't had this issue in the other cars I've used the seat in and I haven't had this issue in this car with other boosters.. so I'm wondering if this seatbelt is just not compatible with this booster. Possible? Or is something wrong with my seatbelt, as in it's defective, or the seat?

Sorry for the pic quality (took them with my phone).. and yes, he dressed himself, in a gymboree football shirt and mismatched babylegs on his arms ;)

Any thoughts welcome.

ADS

mamabear

I had the same problem with my JANE Indy in my CRV. The angle is just weird,and the Indy also has a very small slit for the belt guide. It would cause the belt to hang loose instead of retract back in when DD got out(or if she leaned forward the belt would stay slack). It's not a problem for DD1, just her younger sister (they were both in Indy's), which leads me to think that the height of the headrest has something to do with it. DD1's headrest is at least 2 clicks above DD2's. I recently switched DD2 into an old style Parkway which has a more open belt guide, and no longer have the problem.
Maybe when you can move your DS's headrest up it will resolve a little for you as well......In the meantime is there another booster he can use in your car?

a_js

I wish I could move it up, but have it moved up as far as it can be and position the belt properly >: Oh well, at least now I know someone else has had this issue, and it's not just me. I'll switch back to the Turbo until I can get something else, I think.

mamabear

I have it moved up as far as it can be and position the belt properly >: Oh well, at least now I know someone else has had this issue, and it's not just me. I'll switch back to the Turbo until I can get something else, I think.

that's what I was thinking:)
I think once he is taller and you can move the headrest up, there will be less distance for the seatbelt to go down to the belt guide and it won't be at such and awkward angle. It worked for us anyway. We also used a spare turbo for a while..............

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC