Free Radian XT???

dragonfly8

I need to replace our rf MA with one for higher rf limit and this one would work well. But to be honest though, I don't expect the store to follow through with it. I just don't want to have to argue to get my $11 shipping fee back if they don't honor the 'deal'

So should all those who did order expect an email or phone call from the store? Or do we all sit here waiting? I guess those who paid by credit card cold see if the charge went through?
I didn't use a CC, but am going to send them a $order tomorrow when the bank is open.........registered mail so I can be sure they've received it.

ADS

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
I'm interested to see what will happen. I'm guessing they will send an apology email with maybe a coupon. I really can't see them sending out the seats for nothing.

ladybug_mom

Radians are on sale at many retailers, my guess is someone was in adjusting the "sale price" and made an error. I feel for that person, I know how easy it is to make a error like that. :(

Adventuredad

IMHO the store should send out an email immediately explaining it was a mistake. No one can seriously expect to receive a $300 for free. It would be important for the store to do this very fast or there will be more trouble. A coupon for 10% would be a nice gesture but not a must.:twocents:

This is an obvious and unfortunate mistake which is rare but can happen.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I just got an email stating they will refund the shipping fees and send out a $50 gift card (but not the carseat. ;))

amyd

yes, i am, but why wouldn't they be able to send it? :confused:

Because it's illegal to use a Canadian seat in the US. US retailers won't send me a seat here in Canada so I assume it's the same the other direction. Perhaps I'm mistaken, though.

ElaynesMom

I just got an email stating they will refund the shipping fees and send out a $50 gift card (but not the carseat. ;))

Wow, that is very generous of them! I don't think anyone could have really expected them to give away the seats for free, but it's very nice of them to offer a gift card instead.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Perhaps I'm mistaken, though.

It is illegal to use a Canadian seat in the U.S., but U.S. Customs is not nearly as vigilant about disallowing 'foreign' seats in as Canada Customs is. U.S. retailers can ALSO get in trouble from the manufacturer for selling their seats outside the U.S., which is why many of them won't ship internationally (the manufacturers want to protect their foreign markets by limiting our access to 'cheap' American seats.) The manufacturers usually don't care if foreign retailers sell their typically more expensive seats back into the U.S..

(That's my take on it, anyway. ;))

ame0312

just got the email too... i know its technically illegal to use a canadian seat here, but wasnt aware it was illegal to posess one.. owell.. thanks!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
just got the email too... i know its technically illegal to use a canadian seat here, but wasnt aware it was illegal to posess one.. owell.. thanks!
I don't believe it is illegal to possess one, just like it isn't illegal to possess a U.S. seat in Canada. But, retailers don't know what your intentions are so they normally don't ship out of the country (and often the manufacturer doesn't allow them to). If someone did want a seat from another country, the best way is usually to get a friend to buy and ship it to you since *most* retailers won't ship out of country. Or buy from eBay where most sellers don't care. :ROTFLMAO:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
As you are aware, a mistake was made on our web site listing a particular car seat for 0.00. We have received a number of orders for this item and a lot of feed back as to how a company such as ours might react to this situation. The majority of the feed back was very understanding about a human error having been made and that the customers did not expect to receive the car seat for 0.00 dollars.

While we have been given to understand that we have no legal obligations to fulfill these orders, because this was as a result of a human error and there is no completed contract, we care about our customers and their needs.

We will, of course, refund the additional charges that have been assessed on these customers’ credit cards and will issue one gift card of $50.00 to the customers who ordered this car seat. This is done to show good will and we hope it is received in that fashion. We appreciate your business and your input and want to continue being of service to you. A special thank you to all who have been understanding in this situation.

P.S. We would not have been able to ship these car seats to the U.S. as they are approved for Canada only.
:whistle:

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The store have techs so they should know Canadian seats are not certified for use in the US. Anyway, I'm impressed at the response and the $50 GC. Although I have not seen an email for my 'purchase' yet :)

sparkyd

I agree that they have handled this very well and that it is nice of them to offer the $50. Because really, it was clearly a mistake that someone probably really regrets! Reaffirms the fact that I like that store!

amyd

It is decent of them but honestly I think it's pretty crappy to take advantage of a situation like that where one knows it's obviously a mistake :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC