Radian 65?

pj2rc

Ok -- I think I convinced myself to buy a Radian. And I was going to get the XTSL -- mostly because I like the flora :) but also because of the SIP. However, now I am rethinking. I don't need the infant inserts as I have no plans for more kids and think 40 lb and 65 lb limits would suit my needs. the cost diff is sigificant enough to think about it. From the research I found I think, but please correct me if I'm wrong, the harness heights are the same on both seats. SO -- other than that, my only other concern is in pics, the 65 looks kinda bare bones and maybe uncomfortable? So, for those of you with any or all of the models, what are your thoughts? Also -- my car was made before 09/05 so the higher latch limits won't affect me. Then -- the only concern is fitting my car, since some people have indicated Sienna's aren't a great fit, but I think some have said it was OK. This is for the middle row captains seat. DD2 is 23 months 27.5 lbs

ADS

christineka

I think the 65 has the same amount of padding as the 80, but I don't know for sure. I've only owned 80s. I have the granite 65 cover and it seems to be just as nice as the princess cover, but neither have been used for very long.

The radians don't install very well in the middle-most seat in the sienna. The seat tends to recline more and more over time. I gave up and got a true fit instead. A seatbelt install seems to work better than latch. If you are wanting to put it on an outboard seat, then that's fine. I've been able to install the seat fairly upright there with latch and seatbelt. (But not at the same time, of course.)

pj2rc

? the middle row just has 2 captains seats ... so I would think the seat would install the same - good or bad -- in either seat regardless of position? One seat is stationary outboard drivers side. The other can either be outboard passenger or center ... I keep it center because it's away from the door and safer and it's easier to get to the back row.

pj2rc

lol --- why oh why couldn't they make any of the 65's look pretty -- then I would have an easier time convincing myself not to spend the extra money!

AtTheSouthDam

lol --- why oh why couldn't they make any of the 65's look pretty -- then I would have an easier time convincing myself not to spend the extra money!

Yep, that is my ONLY complaint. Tan and black or gray and black. But other the 65 is just as plush and the fabric feels just as nice. We have the body pillow from the princess to use in either as a head pillow so a 65 was all we really needed (plus it was on deep clearance at target.)

babyherder

Well, if they made the 65s pretty no one would spend more money on the other models. I figure its probably part of their plan.

emandbri

I was able to get a tighter install with the superlatch than I was with
the regular latch in my sienna. I have an 8 seater so it might be slightly different than the 7 seater.

I also got it tighter with the old style boot. Sunshine kids has some old style boots still but I don't know if they have them left over or if they are still making them.

If you have swap access someone there is selling a floral. The floral is DIVINE! So pretty and soft!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC