In Search Of ISO: SS1/Snugride 32/35

fyrfightermomma

Looking for some clone of a Safeseat 1

Joey has very little time left in the KF and I don't know what to do. For convienence we don't want him out of the bucket yet. I thought he'd fit longer than 4 months!

I think the SS1 will give us a bit more time.

Anyone have one they want to part with? I'd prefer the non shiny fabric as he sweats bad in that (so just regular old cotton fabric)

Lemme know what your asking price is. We don't have a ton to spend and I know shipping will probably kill us as well. I don't have anything to trade other than a pink turbo booster as a partial trade or something.

Help!

ADS

zactayaus

I have an SS1 in Roxy (it is kind of shiny:(). DOM is 10/08. If you're interested I'd say $50 plus shipping. I also have an extra base I'd sell ya for an extra $20 (although it's a SR32 base) if you wanted it. I still have the original box that I could ship it in.

Let me know.

fyrfightermomma

I have an SS1 in Roxy (it is kind of shiny:(). DOM is 10/08. If you're interested I'd say $50 plus shipping. I also have an extra base I'd sell ya for an extra $20 (although it's a SR32 base) if you wanted it. I still have the original box that I could ship it in.

Let me know.

My baby reminds me of yours with the big ol torso! How long did you son last in the SS1 again? I'm hoping to atleast get to 10 months or so (through next winter)

zactayaus

My baby reminds me of yours with the big ol torso! How long did you son last in the SS1 again? I'm hoping to atleast get to 10 months or so (through next winter)

He made it to 11 months. He could have possibly gone a little longer (not much) but I was just not comfortable with his head so close to the top of the seat and since I had two MA's just sitting around I decided it was time.

I sure did love the seat though. It was my favorite out of all the seats I've owned and I've owned a LOT! LOL.

tl01

Not that this helps you... but I was thinking about this same situation yesterday. We have a SS1 from DS1 and I was thinking of selling it... but then I remembered... DS2 is huge... almost 12 lbs at 3.5 weeks and all torso. I'm going to need that seat in a few months. Are you only going to get 4 months out of the KF:(?

Last edited:

fyrfightermomma

Not that this helps you... but I was thinking about this same situation yesterday. We have a SS1 from DS1 and I was thinking of selling it... but then I remembered... DS2 is huge... almost 12 lbs at 3.5 weeks and all torso. I'm going to need that seat in a few months. Are you only going to get 4 months out of the KF:(?

Honestly, probably yes. My 3 year old could have fit height wise until a little over 20 months! (not that I'd use it but I stuck her in it when I bought it)

I'd say right now he's about 2-2 1/2" from the top. So I have maybe an inch to go or so. He is just all torso. The 12 month clothes he has barely snap at the crotch he's so long. The giant noggin doesn't help either :) You can see in my siggy pic he's almost at the top of his swing! A little growth spurt and he'll be hanging off the top!

I'm just sorta mad. I got that seat thinking it would last much longer (and yeah, it normally would) and of course got the big ol torso baby who will get *maybe* 4-4 1/2 months out of it at the rate he grows. :(

So yeah, if I were you, I'd hang on to your SS1 until you are sure he's gonna fit in the KF as long as you planned :)

If Joey wasn't #3, I'd probably suck it up and just get a convertible. But with the two girls still running around and little and high needs, we just need a bucket for atleast through the winter. :(

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I've got one. I don't even know the pattern name. I have not tried to get the head spot out of the head support, it really looks much less noticeable in person. I think it is just from baby's head sitting there so much like the oils off his skin maybe turned it a little funny color just there. Of course, a smoke-free, pet-free home. Cover was washed in Dreft, line-dried, and the harness just wiped down. I also was thinking $50 + shipping. I'm in Utah, where are you?
Here's a picture:
www.lorisstuffforsale.blogspot.com

It's a blog I created and can't change the name but it's all car seat stuff now.

fyrfightermomma

Thank you everyone but I am receiving one local from a member here

Hopefully this will give us the time we need to scrape together some money to either get E a seat or J a seat later on.

ctbcleveland

Just an FYI on the SS1, DS#2 is 90% for height and weight and has a head size that is off the charts. He still has several inches in his SS1 at 10.5 mos and has not moved up to the highest harness level. I am pretty confident we'll make it to his first birthday and probably a few mos after too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC