Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Spare Convertible Suggestions

Our little Elephant will be in a CCO in my car and a Radian in dh's car. But I got to thinking that I should probably have a spare/grandparent's car seat. But what? Their main car right now is a '99 Suburban and I am not sure about the RF fit for either the CCO or Radian in there. I don't really want to have to take the CCO out of my car either even if it does fit well because the middle seat and the CCO don't play nicely in my car so it takes 2 to get a tight install.

What to get? I'd rather not go as bare bones as a scenera if there is something else that is inexpensive since it won't be used as often but also needs to be easy to install and preferably not too wide. It also needs to RF to at least 35 pounds (one of my Radians and my CCO only RF to 33) and be able to fit most young infants well. All suggestions are welcome!
    Karen
    A: 11 C: 9 M1: 5 M2: 6 months
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Black"]

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Spare Convertible Suggestions

Evenflo Tribute. If you could get some deal it would be similarly priced to the scenera, but it has eps foam and maybe padding. I find the seat to be fairly thin and easy to install. I have verified that the new seat rfes to 35 pounds, though it is short for ffing.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

FYI, call SK. I think your Radian RFs to 35 lbs. There was at one point a statement on their website but it's not there any more...
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    FYI, call SK. I think your Radian RFs to 35 lbs. There was at one point a statement on their website but it's not there any more...
    Yes, sk retroactively raised the rfing limit to 35 pounds for radians made before sept 2008.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Anything else? We had the tribute for C and didn't really like it. It doesn't matter if the seat is short for FF since we have GN's that the boys will be out of by then.
    Karen
    A: 11 C: 9 M1: 5 M2: 6 months
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Black"]

Depends on your budget. Maybe an ETA or a true fit?
    Christine *mom* to

and id add the MR it's supper easy and quick to install and not too bad on the pocket.

Chloe: 2 1/2 years old 31lbs and 36ins 11in torso Rear Facing in a Graco MyRide 65 and Cosco Scenera
    Angel Babies: 03.07.10 and 05.05.11

CPS Technician

How about the Avenue? Or, what about a Titan. If you don't need it to last super long, I love my Titan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Caleb 11 yrs. 70lbs. 55" 5-steps Megan 8.5 yrs. 45lbs. 48" Harmony Literider
    Grace 6 yrs. 40lbs. 42" Nautilus
    Cameron 4 yrs. 34lb. 39" Radian XTSL
    Sally born 4/28 SR35, Zach born 4/28 Combi Coccoro

The avenue won't be good for a newborn because the bottom slots are too high. The evenflo titan is a whole lot like the tribute, but more expensive.
    Christine *mom* to

Does the Tribute come with infant padding? My titan was a great fit for my babies with the padding. RF to 35lbs., forward to 50lbs and I think its more comfy than the tribute.
    Verla Renae~SAHM to my 5 babies!
    T - 09/02/01 D - 09/15/02 S - 05/28/05 C - 08/26/07 R - 11/22/08