Pop Quiz: What's the most dangerous day to drive?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Good guesses... there's one day in every year that is most dangerous...try to guess THAT (I didn't think about phrasing it that way, it's just the link I found in my favorites verbatim, rofl!)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I think I've heard it's July 4th due to the huge number of people traveling more miles for the July 4th holiday weekend? My other guesses would be New Year's Eve or Super Bowl Sunday with the increased potential for drunk drivers on the road after partying and drinking.

Last edited:

Morganthe

4th of July -- Drunks & fireworks, oh my :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

my next guess is Christmas Eve --
onset of bad winter weather + stress/pressure to join family. :(

LuvBug

st patricks day lol!
I always heard it was new years.
Saturday would be the most dangerous day of the week. I try to stay in during the weekend!

skaterbabs

It's July 4th. In fact I had this conversation with BILs last summer when they wanted us to take their fishing grea with us in our car when we went on vacation and it would have had to sit on top of *our* luggage. Sorry, lets limit the projectiles on the most dangerous time of the year to be on the roads, thankyouverymuch.

When referring to the day of the week, most crashes happen M-F, during working hours. not on weekends, surprisingly.

Lys

Senior Community Member

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I would've guessed the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Have you ever taken a road trip then?!? We do T'giving in GA and the drive down and back up I-95 is enough for us to stagger our trip a little (come back on Saturday or leave late Sunday and drive into the night rather than midday with everyone else)...

When we lived in Egypt, it was any day during Ramadan...

Morganthe

:p I thought this website was interesting
"Most Dangerous" Info

DH & I have been hammering out the details of "THE DRIVE" we're planning to do to visit his family in NJ. I had figured out that we're leaving as early as possible Friday morning (2am or so) to get as far down the road as we can before Memorial Day weekend affects the roadway. I'm hoping at least 18 hours down the road + breaks before we stop for the night.

I am NOT looking forward to this at all, but oh well. It's the one time, then it's up to them to visit. :rolleyes: Saturday morning wherever we'll be, will have a more leisurely departure time, say 9am. Which I think will be after the drunks make it home and I had that thought before I read the ddtd website. :( I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get to his area by Sat. evening.

Now all I have to do is find an easy to use & secure DVD player for dd. She's great for 4 hour trips using books & dolls. But 26 hours total driving time is a bit too much for that. Leaving stupid early on Friday morning helps her sleep through some of the pain :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC