Dorel handle...

ADS

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Ok awesome. I am buying my friend who just found out she is preggo (22 weeks already) a new seat. Then I know the baby won't be using the 1999 Evenflo On My Way seat she she used with her first child in 2008. I don't want to buy an expensive seat cause I know its going to be gross after a few months. But I want one that is allowed to have the handle up, cause I know she will just plop it in the base and go.

How bout Baby Trend? They have to be down don't they?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I think you are doing well. Go front adjust. Any of the coscos would be good. Any front adjust snugrides, if you can find a good deal.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Yes, I need to remember to look for front adjust. I was hoping to get one of them snugride+stroller frame system at Target for her when it dropped down cheap, but people snatched them pretty quick.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Price was to great to pass up. To bad, oh well. Ok, off to try to find a good deal.

*Would love to let her use my KF, but don't want it ruined. But she could possibly use my SS1...umm decisions decisions.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, if she isn't good with seats, I wouldn't want to lend one. Did you see my nauti? I had to do this:

100_0944.jpg

just to get it clean again.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What about a cheap Target OnBoard 35? Base is kinda sucky, but not too bad if you just use a noodle instead of the stupid recline.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
No I never did. I read about it, but never saw it.

I lent her my CS until she could afford a Nauti and that went straight to the trash...good thing I was planning on throwing it anyways!

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Oh boy, poor kid...lol!

Ok, so now the hunt is on for 2 seats. I went with her to the ultrasound yesterday and she is having twin boys. OY!

We looked at the cheapy dorel seats at K-mart tonite. But the are Winnie the Pooh and she isn't crazy about that character. So, I think I am gonna go look at Target tomorrow and see what they have.

wvmommy007

This is the car seat I currently have. I like it pretty well. It has front adjust and an adjustable base. I found it pretty easy to install, despite having to use a locking clip. The handle can be in any locked position in the car. It's neutral cover would be perfect for boys since everyone calls my DD, dressed in pink head to toe, a boy in it. My only complaint is the puzzle buckle, which I can live with. I paid $79 for it, but I see its even cheaper now. I know this is a Dorel, which you've already asked about. I just wanted to share my experience with it. I think it weighs about 8 lbs. Hope this helps you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Starter-Infant-Car-Seat-Orchard/13004562

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC