I wish my DH liked to play carseats

jessi f

*Sigh* Every time I read a post on here where someones DH helped them with a tricky install (or someones DH is actually posting :eek: ) I feel a little twinge of jealousy. I was trying to see how our seats would fit in DH's car today and I could have really used his muscles and an extra set of hands. He has belts that require a locking clip and really annoying swishy leather seats and it was about 100 degrees outside. He walked down to the car one time while I was wrestling with the seats and said something about how I'd been down there forever. That was it, no offer to help or anything :rolleyes: And I dont want to insist that he help bc he thinks that it should be as simple as just throwing the seat in and tighten it up a bit and go. So he gets frustrated if it takes a few tricks and a little extra time to get it done right. He's a great dad and he wants the kids to be safe but he feels like I make it more complicated than it has to be. And maybe I do sometimes, but I could be obsessed with worse things. I feel like he just takes it for granted that I'll research and handle this kind of stuff myself and he just doesnt have to worry about it. Anyways, just a little vent, why cant the carseat bug be catching at my house ;)

ADS

StillThankful

My DH hasn't caught the carseat bug either--I wish he had it though:) I get so excited over carseats and love to share all the info with him--the most I get back is a mumble (along with other stuff sometimes--if you know what I mean). :)

Oh well, c'est la vie:)

Mae

Why does his belts require a locking clip? Do they not lock, or would it cause the car seat to tilt?

And I'm sorry, I wish your DH liked to play car seats too. :p

jessi f

My DH hasn't caught the carseat bug either--I wish he had it though:) I get so excited over carseats and love to share all the info with him--the most I get back is a mumble (along with other stuff sometimes--if you know what I mean).

This is so my DH. He'll pull the "ok, whatever you say" card every time just to avoid a 3 minute conversation about it :rolleyes:

Why does his belts require a locking clip? Do they not lock, or would it cause the car seat to tilt?

And I'm sorry, I wish your DH liked to play car seats too. :p

Aww thanks :) His car is an ancient dinosaur with no locking belts, top tether (non-retrofitable-is that a real word?lol), latch, anything helpful for installing a seat :mad:

Last edited:

Stacy

+1 I can totally relate. DH just leaves it to me. Actually, everyone just leaves it to me. I can't blame them, I do get paranoid about car safety with DD.

skitle1802

LOL, my DH comes home and asked me why I *wasted* time on the car seats! Umm...you let the girls have hot fudge sundaes and there is chocolate all over the covers!!! I had to wash them or we would have fire ants in the car! :mad:Geesh, I wish we could brainwash them or something!
Lucky for me though, I weigh enough to smoosh down anything.:eek:

Joyofbirth

I wish it was catching too. My dh doesn't even want to hear about carseats. So if something cool comes, I can't even tell him. It's a bummer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC