harness covers

swtgi1982

Dorel, allows for Dorel harness covers to be used on their seats. So say you got some from a friend who trashed their expired dorel seat (how I got mine) would you or would you not use them, on the CA with the narrow width of the CA? Three yr old constanly has marks on his neck from his seat and was thinking they might help, but not sure safety wise that is why I am running by you guys. I know Dorel says any Dorel ones are OK, so I asked my friend when she destroyed her seat if I could have them.

They are off of a Safety First AOE, if you care to know and are not to terribly thick at all. They look to be the same as the ones on the summit as well I looked while shopping today to compared to current ones on the market. And current ones on AOE are exact same size.

If you guys think no I will throw them in the trash right along with the seat the came off of.

ADS

xursusmaritimusx

i dont know the correct answer but i do have a suggestion.

you can cut the toes off a pair of thin socks and run the harness through them.
this set up is perfectly safe and acceptable.

Kayleen

My opinion is that as long as they are not obstructing the use of the harness and the chest clip and are thin enough, go ahead. I have two different store bought covers that I use in my seats. They are thin on the bottom where the harness rests on the shoulder and are short enough that they do not interfere with placement of the chest clip. Right answer? Probably not, but it's a personal parenting/judgement call.

Madeline410

Personally? Yes. I would (and do) use harness covers on my DD's CA because the straps hurt her neck without them.

Would I recommend them to anyone else? Nope. lol. For *most* people (not really anyone here) if you say one thing that's against the rules really IS ok, then they think anything goes, kwim? But I do use them.

monstah

you can cut the toes off a pair of thin socks and run the harness through them.
this set up is perfectly safe and acceptable.
We don't know this and I wouldn't recommended it myself.

I'd be more comfortable with Dorel harness covers on a Dorel seat. *I* would advise parents to remove the covers but, would I use them on my DD's seat? Yes.

canadiangie

Well, prior to the Graco MR65 coming out and restricting harness covers after 40lbs :)confused:) I would have thought that adding short, thin Dorel harness covers to a Dorel seat was fine. But now I guess.. well, I'm not sure. Just call Dorel and see what they say. :shrug-shoulders:

swtgi1982

Well, prior to the Graco MR65 coming out and restricting harness covers after 40lbs :)confused:) I would have thought that adding short, thin Dorel harness covers to a Dorel seat was fine. But now I guess.. well, I'm not sure. Just call Dorel and see what they say. :shrug-shoulders:

I did and they said "The manual states that Dorel ones are OK, so yes" (basically)

I was just asking personally.

The seats in question would be used RF anyways, so I am not to worried about the harness slipping due to forward movement in an accident of the child, since as we all know the shell takes most of the force RF. Both kids are under 40lbs obviously since they are RF in the CA, so not really to worried was just looking for feed back that is all.

xursusmaritimusx

We don't know this and I wouldn't recommended it myself.

I'd be more comfortable with Dorel harness covers on a Dorel seat. *I* would advise parents to remove the covers but, would I use them on my DD's seat? Yes.

the suggestion i made has been made many times on this forum by other techs

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC