Please tell me about the Honda Odessey

kidnurse

I'm sure I spelled that wrong. Anyway, daycare provider drove kids in her mom's minivan this week. It is a 2004, and when I went to install DS's car seat the seatbelt did not seem to lock, so I used a locking clip. Is this right, do the seatbelt's on an 04 van really not lock? I couldn't find any latch hooks either, I was installing 3rd row outboard driver's side.

I showed the dcp how her kids car seats just pull right out of place in her mom's van, also told her about expiration dates, she had no clue and one of her car seats expires in 2011. Thankfully she was very receptive to information.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Re: Please tell me about the Honda Odyssey

It's Odyssey, you were very close with the spelling. :) An '04 Odyssey has lower LATCH anchors in the second row captain's chairs but not in the third row.The shoulders belts have switchable retractors in the Odyssey that lock when you fully and slowly extend the shoulder belt and slowly feed the shoulder belt back into the retractor. You should hear a clicking sound when the locking mechanism is engaged. If you pull the shoulder belt out or feed the shoulder belt back in too quickly, the locking mechanism might not engage. If it still doesn't engage while pulling it out slowly and gently and feeding the shoulder belt back in slowly, then the locking mechanism might be broken, and a Honda dealership should fix it under Honda's lifetime seatbelt warranty. There should be something in the owner's manual about that Honda seatbelt warranty for reference.

kidnurse

Thanks, it is highly possible and maybe even probable that I fed the belt back too quickly. I will check it out next time I install the seat in the van for dcp.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC