Okay, I need help with a BIG stroller

zeo2ski

I'm not sure what my options are for 3-4 children. Here's what I have:
-3.75 y.o. 38 lbs who walked last year but now wants to ride all the time:rolleyes:
-just turned 2 y.o. 30 lbs, really needs to be able to ride
-8 mos old
-newborn coming in the next few days/weeks

I can't wear anybody for extended periods because of back problems, we walk on the side of a back road which is rough, I NEED it to fit through doorways (including bathroom handicap stalls!), has to go in the back of a suburban.

I've been putting the 2y and 8m olds in the double jogger and 3y old sits in between their legs, not buckled. Problem is new baby and 8 mos old will need to be in the buckled seats, and 2yo is not agile enough to hold himself in place where the 3yo has been--I'd rather have him buckled. We have a big wheeled peg triple too which works fine for 3 but there's not any way to squeeze in 4, and with that one it's so hard to push and steer I can't keep a hand on the 3 yo if he walks (this is a concern with walking by the road). I don't feel like I have to have a seat for the 3yo, just have to be able to manage the stroller while holding a hand. Foot boards won't work for going over curbs and such, right?

My budget is not unlimited, but I really need to know WHAT my options are first off. I'm working on selling a few other strollers too so that would help fund something that will really work. Thanks so much!

ADS

aeormsby

Not sure on the stroller for you (I'm sure the guru's will help on that). We have a Buggy Board and I just have DD hop off if I need to go up/down a curb and hop back on. She's been riding on it since she was about 2.5yo and still likes it now that she's 4.5.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I was thinking Buggy Board too, unless you can find a killer used deal on one of the really nice brands of quads.

klairesmama08

hi, go on line to Strollers.com and they have a four seater for about $400. it is called the Foundations Quad 4 Passenger stroller.Don't know much about it, but I read reviews and it got mostly good ones.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'd consider putting the 3 littles in the triple, and tethering the oldest to you, so your hand is free. I know some people are against them, but it's about safety, and a little leash backpack thing could solve your problem without buying anything exscept a $15 monkey leash backpack thing.
That quad stroller looked cool.
The buggy board could work.

What will you truly be using the stroller for? I mean..are you really gonna be taking 4 kids under 4 out by yourself all that much? to where? malls, grocery stores? walking? along teh road? why? how often/long?

Would the 4 yo be interested in pushing a stroller? I'd be tempted to let him push the 8 mo in something light and small, and then push the infant and 3 yo in a double.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Where upstate? I have an ABC triple with a reclining toddler seat. THe toddler seat sits up top, facing mom:love:

IMG_0592_3.jpg

It now has camo skins.

http://adventurebuggycompany.com/

Or you could do a valco trimode twin with the todller seat.

zeo2ski

Ack my 2yo just erased my whole reply somehow...so here's the summed up version. Buggy board may work, but probably wouldn't. I'm okay with a leash if necessary and I should try that for home, but the peg triple we have is not a good solution for out and about because it is NOT easy to break down to transport. 3 yo would love to push a stroller and would probably do fine on a sidewalk, but I'm not comfortable with him pushing where we need to push.

What will you truly be using the stroller for? I mean..are you really gonna be taking 4 kids under 4 out by yourself all that much? to where? malls, grocery stores? walking? along teh road? why? how often/long?
This is why I struggle with making a purchase--it's such a quick trip that I need a solution for, but it's a once a week thing (changing next week, probably to twice a week). My 8 mos old is a foster child and I take her to visits during the day so DH is working so I bring all the kids. I'll have him and/or relatives helping the first couple weeks after the baby's born, but then I'm on my own again.
DH has been doing the groceries with us, and the boys can walk for that if I take all the kids alone, babies can go in the double.
We walk along the road at our house on the shoulder (rough). Safe enough, we just pull off onto the grass if a car comes; maybe 1-4 cars pass per walk. It's about a mile down and back and DS1 is able to walk but has been wanting to ride and I can't force him to walk if we get halfway and he decides he's done!
Well now I'm distracted and don't know where I was going with that...
It now has camo skins.

Or you could do a valco trimode twin with the todller seat.

PM'd you, the ABC has seemed awesome to me for some time now! You mean YOURS has camo or they're now available? If yours, do you still have the old ones too?

Valco is the other one I knew would be a possibility. Both are very hard to find used though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC