wasn't sure how to answer

amy&girls

But I know its going to come up a lot now. My sisters little boy is 3 months younger than my 1yr old, so he's almost 15 months (she's almost 18 months) and my younger sister asked me why I hadn't turned Grace around. (my 1yr old) I said, b/c I don't want to, she's safer rear-facing. And she said, "how come its ok for Jack to be forward then?" I said that it wasn't my decision to turn him. She said she thought it was strange. I said if you want strange, think about the fact that I only took Morgan (my 3 1/2yr old) OUT of the EFTA b/c I needed it for Grace, back in OCTOBER, when I finally got tired of the safeseat in my car, plus she was 34lbs, so I figured it was time anyway!!! (she's in a Grace Nautilus now!)

I gave my sister all the information I could on extended rear-facing, she just chose to turn him b/c he was unhappy. She had him rear-facing for a few weeks after he turned one, b/c I had convinced her that if she was going to leave him rear-facing, then for the price she was looking to spend, that a MyRide would be a good investment for her. She got the seat, but she turned him anyway. HEHEHE I'm a mean auntie though, I babysit him through the week, and I still make him rear-face in my car. No one yr olds forward-facing for me. Think there is anything I can do to convince my sister to turn him back? It does bother me that he is forward in her car.

ADS

urchin_grey

No idea what you could do to convince her but it is pretty silly that she went and bought a MR and then FF'd him. :rolleyes:

However, you are not being mean. When he's in YOUR vehicle, then YOUR rules apply, regardless of whether he's RF'ing or FF'ing or in nothing elsewhere. Both of my adult sisters are 100% on board with ERF'ing (luckily) but even if they weren't, my nephews would continue to RF in my vehicle until they outgrew their seats.

babyherder

Good idea to rf in your car. :thumbsup:

As for your sister sounds like you already gave her the info. I think when she asks questions like why is it ok for my son to be ff when you're daughter's not you can say its NOT ok for her son to be ff.

amyd

I always simply say that Pete isn't old enough or big enough to be forward facing safely. I've even said it to parents I know who have younger & smaller children FFing. No judgment, they can draw whatever conclusion they wish from it. I too would have him RFing in my car. My 23 month old daycare kiddo is RFing in my car, but has been FFing for several months (untethered:() with his mom & dad. I can't control what they do, but I can make sure he's as safe as possible when he's with me. That's all I can do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC