Wanted to Share~Played With My Car Seats and at BRU Today with DDs:-) See pics.

StillThankful

Car Seat Playtime! Come Play with Me @home and @ BRU:) Picture Heavy

♥DD1 stats--3y8m, 41", 13.5" torso, 39#
♥DD2 stats--15 months, 31", 11" torso, 23#

In this thread:

DD1 in Graco My Ride Shell, Radian XTSL, Eddie Bauer 3-in-1, Alpha Omega Elite, Evenflo Symphony, and Safety 1st Complete Air

DD2 in Evenflo Titan, Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX

In the thread below (you'll need to scroll down a while) DDs are in the following car seats:

DD1 in Britax Frontier, Graco Nautilus, Evenflo Generations 65, and Evenflo Chase

DD2 in Evenflo Tribute, Baby Trend Gabriella INfant Seat to 30#, Evenflo Serenade, and Graco Snugride 35

UPDATE: Look at thread below for more playtime pics at BRU today:)

While washing cover, played with my My Ride Shell:

DSC08114.jpg

DSC08110.jpg

DD2 in MR with Chandler Cover

DSC08139.jpg

DD2 in Evenflo Titan V

DSC08118.jpg

DD1 in Flora Radian XTSL

DSC08119.jpg

At BRU--DD1 in Complete Air--Mackenna Pattern (I could not adjust the head wings)

BTW, the Harvest pattern was on sale for $159 and you can use a 20% coupon to stack on top of the sale starting tomorrow.

DSC08126.jpg

DD1 in Evenflo Symphony Circle Pattern. (I just plopped her in there--she is sitting on the infant insert and straps :))

DSC08129.jpg

DD1 in Eddie Bauer 3-in-1- Westport pattern Again, I couldn't adjust the head wings to save my life:

DSC08130.jpg

DD1 in Alpha Omega ELite in Sara pattern--the wings were already adjusted--I really liked this fit for DD1

DSC08132.jpg

DD2 in Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX Sandbox
DSC08134.jpg

DSC08135.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Re: Car Seat Playtime! Come Play with Me @home and @ BRU:) Picture Heavy

Fun! Yeah, there's a little bit of an art to adjusting those 'easy front adjust' headwings on the EB/S1sts...you have to really loosen the harness a bit, then pull those tabs forward at the same time and lift the headrest up, dragging the harness along with it, and it's almost never a smooth move for me when I'm trying to show people how to do it, lol.

StillThankful

I needed you there!:eek::eek::eek: I tugged and pushed and dragged and they were totally immobile.

I looked at the GNs. They were very easy to adjust--with one hand. It was a dream.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
But....where do you buy children with no torsos? Online? Mail order?
My kid had a 13.5 inch torso at 8 months old..not 3 years 8 months...8 months.

Stacy

Cute girls! Thanks for sharing these photos, I love to see how seats fit kids especially since DD is outgrowing her RAs.

AtTheSouthDam

But....where do you buy children with no torsos? Online? Mail order?
My kid had a 13.5 inch torso at 8 months old..not 3 years 8 months...8 months.

:ROTFLMAO:

You have to make extra sacrifices to the car-seat gods...
On the plus.. if you buy badly with long torsoed children you get plenty of excuses to buy new seats. DD1 went through 6 different harnessed seats before boostering. Short torsoed children just lead you into temptation...

(and somehow I got one of each :shrug-shoulders:)

StillThankful

:ROTFLMAO:

You have to make extra sacrifices to the car-seat gods...
On the plus.. if you buy badly with long torsoed children you get plenty of excuses to buy new seats. DD1 went through 6 different harnessed seats before boostering. Short torsoed children just lead you into temptation...

(and somehow I got one of each :shrug-shoulders:)

Hee hee! I was tempted today and gave in:-( I went back to BRU to use the 20%off coupon for the EFTA Sandbox (in which you see DD2 pictured). I don't need it at all--she has a MR. But. . . she's my last baby and life is too short--that's my story and I'm sticking to it:):D

StillThankful

Update: I went back to BRU and played more (I actually went back there to purchase the EFTA).

DD2 in Evenflo Tribute
DSC08151.jpg

DD2 in Baby Trend Infant Seat Gabriella (goes up to 30#)--It was a close fit.

DSC08140.jpg

DD2 in Evenflo Serenade Honeycomb Pattern (goes up to 35#) DD2 had lots of room left in this one.

DSC08141.jpg

DSC08142.jpg

DD2 in Graco Snugride 35--she had lots of room in this one.
DSC08143.jpg

DD1 in Britax Frontier Canyon Cover
DSC08144.jpg

DD1 in Graco Nautilus Julia Cover--Wings on highest setting--I really liked this seat--solid build

DSC08145.jpg

Graco Nautilus again w/ Wings on appropriate setting for her torso height
DSC08146.jpg

Evenflo Generations 65 -Mega Pixels cover. I really liked this seat (as much as I liked the GN) It's lighter than the GN and DD1 fit in it nicely.
DSC08148.jpg

DD1 in Evenflo Chase--Not a fan of this seat--the harness tightness is governed by a weird buckle/seatbelt like system.
DSC08150.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this:)

Last edited:

skitle1802

Was that really what the newer Titans look like? It looks more like a Tribute to me. But I haven't really paid much attention to Evenflo seats lately.

StillThankful

Was that really what the newer Titans look like? It looks more like a Tribute to me. But I haven't really paid much attention to Evenflo seats lately.

:eek:Oops! You are right. It is a tribute. I decided not to take a pic of DD2 in the Titan at the store since I already took a pic of her in it in my car:)

babyherder

The chase harness adjustment is weird. But it worked wonders for a little boy I babysat who moved his chest clip down in his mom's car (when she bothered to buckle it at all). He was riding in the chase at 4 and never touched the chest clip but I was so relieved not to have to worry about him being able to move it down! (This was before I knew chest clips weren't exactly a crucial part of a restraint). I guess I should say the chase worked wonders for me!

StillThankful

The chase harness adjustment is weird. But it worked wonders for a little boy I babysat who moved his chest clip down in his mom's car (when she bothered to buckle it at all). He was riding in the chase at 4 and never touched the chest clip but I was so relieved not to have to worry about him being able to move it down! (This was before I knew chest clips weren't exactly a crucial part of a restraint). I guess I should say the chase worked wonders for me!

all of our program seats have that weird adjuster thing.

They also all expire in a year!

I never thought about that:) I don't want to disuade someone from getting the seat, I just thought it was a little awkward. But I never thought about it preventing your little one from pushing the chest clip down. That's neat:)

TerisBoys

I never thought about that:) I don't want to disuade someone from getting the seat, I just thought it was a little awkward. But I never thought about it preventing your little one from pushing the chest clip down. That's neat:)

I've had 5 seats with that sort of adjuster - Express, Chase, and Futura x 3. Once you get used to it, it's just as easy or easier than a regular, between-the-legs, adjuster. Plus since it's continuous loop under the bum, it doesn't need adjusting all that often.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's funny, yeah, it's a very weird adjuster, but I showed a grandma how to do it and she was totally cool with it. Then her kid bought her Summits for the grandkids, and she was just beyond confused with it, particularly the height adjustment (the bar is on the back, not even 'hard to use' front tabs on the headrest to adjust the height), she loved the simplicity and was really annoyed he'd bought her the 'nicer' Summits, she hated them :p

babyherder

I found the chase extremely difficult and annoying to tighten. Since I used it with babysitting kids it got adjusted pretty much anytime we were in the car. When you pull to tighten it puts pressure on the one shoulder on the side of the adjuster. Kids would say it hurt unless I remembered to pull up on the adjuster as I pulled down on the strap (still got tight enough but didn't put pressure all on one shoulder as it tightened). However, the chase was the right price and met my needs at the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC