photo size in posts

Simplysomething

Because I whined about it to lovinwaves--I wanted to ask if I've missed a post/sticky/faq regarding how big photos in the actual post can be. I can find the limit for photos/file sizes in the signatures, but not the actual post. Is that anywhere? Is there a limit?

ADS

LuvBug

I dont think there is, though you would want it small enough to fit on the screen.
I personally use picturetrail and it automaticly sizes the photo to the window when you insert it in a post. So I dont have to worry about how big it actually is when I upload it.
Sometimes I will shrink them by 50 or 75% just for easy upload.

Simplysomething

See, I'm not asking about just how large the photo looks, but also the size of the file. Having a gigantic photograph that has just been made to appear smaller by dragging the corners or whatever isn't going to be any better than the gigantic photograph that is shown it's original size, kwim?

If you look at the photos on the basics page here, they aren't that big, but have plenty of detail. They are about 150 x 150, each.

Now, going to larger photos, if you look at the photos in this thread, they all seem to be 500 x 375.

Then lovinwaves in posts in this thread, the pictures are huge at 1024 x 768, or 147110 bytes. In the same thread lynsgirl posts pictures that are 480 x 360, or 44057 bytes.

I'm just wanting to know what the maximum is. Both in terms of file size and how big it looks.

LuvBug

hmm well when I meant I shrink them it isnt that pulling the corners in thing. Its in paint and it actually makes it smaller(taking it from 500x500 to 250x250 when shrunk by 50%).
I dont know how other photo programs work, I only have paint and its done well for me lol! I also like to crop out anything unnecessary from a photo, like extra length of window or something.
I keep my screen on 800x600 so I make it small enough to fit my screen that I dont need to scroll, probably others do the same.

I think I remember at another forum I was at when DS was a baby, that they had a maximum size the photo was allowed to be in a post, just like the avatar and sigs have a max.

So you are wondering if there is a set max like that? Obviously not. Maybe we should think of setting something for loading and viewing time though? So like when Im at work on dailup it doesnt take 10 minutes for a post to load lol! Maybe thats a good way to keep me off the computer though ;) :p

canadianmom2three

Well I'm not really the most computer savy, so I hope I don't really show my ignorance - but every time I try to post even a medium sized pic I get denied - it says my attachments are too large - I seem to have to make them tiny before they will attach:confused:

LuvBug

there are probably limits to the attachments since car-seat.org has to host those photos and they dont want to waste a lot on them, but I think she is talking about linked photos where you put {IMG}picture url{/IMG}

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC