Car seat photos!!

Splash

I didn't get a Bolero or Cargo or SafeSeat2, which I wanted, because he was DONE. But I got everything else that they had!

Here is the complete photo set, lots more there than here.
Notice how much room he has in the Apex. That is WITH the optional insert, which is very thick (over an inch, much thicker than previous models). I couldn't get it out without redoing the harness, so I didn't bother. But that would probably put him UNDER the second slots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47565548@N00/sets/72157594568935401/

Apex
409890660_e83930aa85.jpg

Marathon
409890383_505084b712.jpg

Scenera
409889770_343e16119e.jpg

Roundabout
409888601_7401f19bce.jpg

ComfortSport
409889367_a81227baaa.jpg

Triumph. He's actually right at the second slots. I should have moved the sticker.
409890734_50ac1b6519.jpg

EB higback
409889929_efdaace2c9.jpg

EB 3n1, AOE. There WAS a slot about 1.5 inches above this, but I could not determine if it was useable or not, so I assumed not. If it IS, he would have a bit more to grow.
409888790_59af6a25e8.jpg

TurboBooster
409890209_ac3135ec1a.jpg

Evenflo Big Kid. Fits him a bit better than the TB. Remember, Evenflo recommends over 1 year and 30 pounds, which Charlie is.
409890279_5c505e68d9.jpg

Titan. My finger is where the top slot is.
409889111_430e679935.jpg

His main ride.
409888079_90c845ec2f.jpg

In the next few weeks, I'll try to add Summit, CarGo, Bolero, Chase, SS2, and Intera. Maybe even Uptown if I feel like braving Wal-Mart.

ADS

Splash

Oh, on the Marathon. The slots in the seat were actually below the slots in the fabric. So while it looks like he is at the third, he's actually a bit above it.

drey

i can't get over those beautiful, beautiful eyes... and cheeks... and... lol! Thanks for the pictures.

Suzibeck

Thanks! What a cutie! I'm new here, what are his stats? He is taller in the torso than my 4 yr 9 mo old dd, lol. She is 34 lbs and just over 41 inches; what height she has is all in her legs.

Splash

He's 19 months old, ~28 pounds (after a recent illness, he is normally 30-31 pounds), and measured lying down last week was 35 inches, but when I measured him standing he's actually about 33". 14ish" torso.
I think an Apex might be in the cards for us (based on what is available now, which will surely change). I don't like that seat! Wah!! But he's bound to outgrow his Boulevard fairly young (though I've no doubt he'll make it to at least 4 in it) and I don't like Regents. I'm really surprised and pleased how much growing room he has in the Apex though, especially if I removed that optional cushion (I would have had to rethread everything and I just wasn't in the mood). Too bad about the headrest requirement, otherwise it would be an awesome seat for a lot of people.

Splash

Oh, all the pictures in the Flickr photoset include his head in relation to the top as well. However I had them upright when I took it (didn't think to recline it) so that will alter it a bit.
He was really happy hanging out in the RA. He didn't want me to take him out of that one!

LuvBug

oh I wish they had the uptown. From what Ive seen/read it has a slightly taller seatback than the scenera, so he probably would still have room in it RFing.

mommy2jana

Charlie is such a cutie!!! I can't believe he let you put him in all those carseats and take pics! It's hard enough trying to get my 3.5 yr old to let me take pics of her in her MA and Regent!

He also has the same size torso as my 3.5 yr old dd!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Mumoflittleguys

The eyes! ::swoon::

Such a cutie. :)

He looks like he has about the same torso height as my nearly 2 year old. My kids are all upper body. I blame DH, as they certainly didn't get it from me.:p And it makes car seat choices very limited.

mominabigtruck

What slots are he in in the scenera? From the pictures he looks like he's about the same in the scenera and the 3in1. Just wondering because I'm contemplating a 3in1 for my aunt who is going to start watching ds and I need something with a base.

Mami_Kathy

OMG, he's such a handsome little man!! I couldn't care less about the seats, I just can get over of how cute is him. If I have a girl next I'm definitely getting in touch with you!:p

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
how adorable!! Hw looks just like my dd, LOL! Her eyes are that same light blue color, but i have so FEW pics of her with them, because they always are red!! wah!!

That must be a 19 inch Apex.....right?.......I didn't really like it when i tried one at our BRU (and ours was a 17 inch one) but when dd outgrows her current 17 inch high slots, we might have to look into one.....unless the new Recaro is as cool as i hope it is!

bbartlettnfld

Wow I had no idea how tall he was! He is taller in the torso than my DD who will be 4 in April! She is still about 1/2 inch under the 3rd set of slots in her MA!
And Major drool over those eyes... Plus I love that his hair is long.. He looks like my DH did as a baby!

Splash

What slots are he in in the scenera? From the pictures he looks like he's about the same in the scenera and the 3in1. Just wondering because I'm contemplating a 3in1 for my aunt who is going to start watching ds and I need something with a base.

Top. He is right at the top slots.
The 3n1 had another set of slots above what I took the picture at, about an inch or inch and a half. But I know all the talk about the top slots being unuseable, so I skipped them. I didn't have the time or desire to read the manual and find out, so I just put them in the second to top position.
They had an Enspira there (same shell as Uptown), but it was dismantled and a mess and I didn't feel like dealing with it. He does still have room above his HEAD in the Scenera, though, so he would be fine to rear face in it if it had any padding (he gets pressure bruises pretty easily), just not FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC