Quick help needed on a BJCM purchase!

Ok, so I have lost count of how many strollers we have now :whistle: my mom is a shopper (the kind that just buys stuff she doesn't need) and has finally realized we will likely never use the Mutsy again... I did tell her not to buy it in the first place! It's just too much, too heavy and tires always need air etc. can't take it anywhere like a theme park because she's convinced it will be stolen...

Anyways...she told me this morning that she was going to Macro Baby to get a stroller and I mentioned the City Mini...she blew it off because she didn't know what it was and gave me the whole "I've had 4 kids, I can pick one" (yeah...3 of us were in the 80's :rolleyes:) I told her to grab a Pliko P3 or a City Mini basically... she wants lightweight for theme parks/mall etc. that Olivia can sleep in with a decent sunshade...those were my picks for the intended use...

Anyways...I gave her strict instructions not to buy anything and if she liked something I would find it online for cheaper...she did the whole "but I want it TODAY" thing of course so I let her and her wallet go do what they want, not my problem if she wants to blow money and buy yet another stroller she'll hate in a month!

Anyways...just spoke to her and she says "Ok, you're totally going to shoot this down and say it sucks but wow, have you seen the Baby Jogger City Mini?...I want one, that's what I'm getting" I was like "wow- do you listen to your daughter AT ALL???"

Ok - luckily she did not buy it because they didn't have black and she claims she didn't care for the green-

I know that 99% of you are obsessed with this stroller so tell me where to go or throw coupon codes/price matches etc. at me asap before she pays full price plus shipping (or more) on the first website she finds :rolleyes:

thanks!

ADS

poohbear

Livingincomfort.com has a coupon code for 8% off - save0810 - not a big savings but it's something - gets you down to $211.60. Or you can have diapers.com price match to that. Then use bing shopping for 10% back. Gets you to about $190... (plus next day shipping so she can have it right away :)
HTH!

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I just got a BJCM through diapers.com a few weeks ago, and I was able to use albeebaby's price matching at diapers.com and then the additional 10% off... neither of which excluded BJ at the time. But I know Chrissy just tried to do it this week, and the 10% off code wouldn't work at diapers.com and the albeebaby code wouldn't work on their site to get the pricematch either. I'm thinking they released the codes and BJ wasn't supposed to be included, and then they fixed it :confused:

poohbear

I just got a BJCM through diapers.com a few weeks ago, and I was able to use albeebaby's price matching at diapers.com and then the additional 10% off... neither of which excluded BJ at the time. But I know Chrissy just tried to do it this week, and the 10% off code wouldn't work at diapers.com and the albeebaby code wouldn't work on their site to get the pricematch either. I'm thinking they released the codes and BJ wasn't supposed to be included, and then they fixed it :confused:

I was able to do that about a month and a half ago also, but a friend of mine tried to do it two weeks ago and couldn't. I think diapers.com is starting to really tighten up on the restrictions on the 10percent code...

Ok, we have it in the Diapers.com cart price matched to $211- stinks that I couldn't get it a little cheaper but hey, my mom doesn't care and at least she's not paying $229 plus tax which would be right around $250.

I guess that may be as good as we'll get, we'll order today and it will arrive Tuesday because of the holiday.

Thanks everyone!

poohbear

Ok, we have it in the Diapers.com cart price matched to $211- stinks that I couldn't get it a little cheaper but hey, my mom doesn't care and at least she's not paying $229 plus tax which would be right around $250.

I guess that may be as good as we'll get, we'll order today and it will arrive Tuesday because of the holiday.

Thanks everyone!

Don't forget to bing cashback for the extra 10% back. Still not a terrible deal since it's so hard to find discounts on baby jogger!
ETA - you know what - maybe wait to order till tomorrow or Sat, because it's possible that livingincomfort will have a better code for memorial day weekend (last weekend they had 10% off) and then you can re-pricematch. Since they're not going to deliver till Tues anyway and the pricematch will be good for another two days...

scape1224

I have been watching for deals on a double BJCM since I did not price match that first day Albee had their 17% off and by the next day the coupon would not work.

So if there are any good weekend codes I would love if someone updated here so I can try to get a good deal.

poohbear

I have been watching for deals on a double BJCM since I did not price match that first day Albee had their 17% off and by the next day the coupon would not work.

So if there are any good weekend codes I would love if someone updated here so I can try to get a good deal.

The livingincomfort.com one I posted above is an ongoing one. I'll post this weekend if they have a better one.
If you are a first time diapers.com customer, you can always try to beg for 10% off 10percent over the phone (I was able to use it but that was a month and a half ago), also you could use a referral code and the magazine rebate (total savings of $25 overall). And bing is 10% back...
BTW, if anyone lives in the Chicago area, the Bed Bath and Beyond in Gurnee has been known to accept 20% off coupons on BJCMs...

scape1224

The livingincomfort.com one I posted above is an ongoing one. I'll post this weekend if they have a better one.
If you are a first time diapers.com customer, you can always try to beg for 10% off 10percent over the phone (I was able to use it but that was a month and a half ago), also you could use a referral code and the magazine rebate (total savings of $25 overall). And bing is 10% back...
BTW, if anyone lives in the Chicago area, the Bed Bath and Beyond in Gurnee has been known to accept 20% off coupons on BJCMs...

Darn! I was just up in Chicago a week and a half ago with my hubby for a kid free weekend.

I am not first timer to diapers.com but I could sign my mom up or something and go that route as a first timer.

I still have a couple months before the baby is due so I have just been holding out to see if there is an awesome deal. I could kick myself that night the code worked on Albee but I waited to talk to DH about it. sigh...

poohbear

Darn! I was just up in Chicago a week and a half ago with my hubby for a kid free weekend.

I am not first timer to diapers.com but I could sign my mom up or something and go that route as a first timer.

I still have a couple months before the baby is due so I have just been holding out to see if there is an awesome deal. I could kick myself that night the code worked on Albee but I waited to talk to DH about it. sigh...

Don't worry, something will come up. I'll keep my eye out (my SIL has me looking for deals for her anyway). Remember that diapers.com price matches are good for 3 days and you don't have to buy, so next time you see a good deal, just call them and match it! (I wouldn't worry about the first time diapers.com thing - I think they have really tightened up about the 10% off first timer on baby jogger though - it sounds as if people have not been able to get it since mother's day). Don't be hard on yourself!

My mom is impatient and refused to wait... my grandmother is dying up in Boston and she wanted it to bring with her. she's leavng to drive with my brother and Olivia early in he morning to try and see her one more time or at least be there for the funeral etc. she was up ther several times in the last few months at least.

Anyways... the only reason she didn't buy it at the Macro Baby store yesterday is because they didn't have black and she said she didn't like the green. I talked her out of black because we live in Florida- I just can't see it being the best color choice with it absorbing so much heat and possibly fade. She told me they only had the sand or orange color in stock- I told her not to get the orange because that's the color the Orlando stroller rental company had 5000 of and they are EVERYWHERE around here!

I talked her into the sand color and I told her to at least ask them to price match... they went down to $219 for her so it was something I guess and she went and picked it up today.

I really like it! the sand color is really nice and my mom now says she's really glad she didn't get the black, she loves this one! I wish my trunk was empty so I could have checked if it fits... I tried once but didn't know the wheels came off that easily and made that much difference. I am going to try again but probably won't get to until they get back in 2 weeks :(

Thanks for all your help and sorry my mom is impatient and ignored all the deals but I hope this thread helps someone else get a deal!

poohbear

Livingincomfort.com is 10 percent off through May 31 - code is MEMDAY. If you ordered at 8% it's not a huge difference, so don't worry! But if you price match to diapers, that's 229-22.90=206.10. Then bing 10% = 20.60, brings you to $185.50 (and no sales tax). Not terrible
(Plus if you're a first timer, you could use a referral code (for $10 now, $5 later) and the magazine rebate for $10 - that's another $25... And you may be able to beg to use the first time ten percent off code - its' memorial day, maybe they'll be nice) (if you're going to try that, make sure you do the price match using a different email address).
HTH!

scape1224

Livingincomfort.com is 10 percent off through May 31 - code is MEMDAY. If you ordered at 8% it's not a huge difference, so don't worry! But if you price match to diapers, that's 229-22.90=206.10. Then bing 10% = 20.60, brings you to $185.50 (and no sales tax). Not terrible
(Plus if you're a first timer, you could use a referral code (for $10 now, $5 later) and the magazine rebate for $10 - that's another $25... And you may be able to beg to use the first time ten percent off code - its' memorial day, maybe they'll be nice) (if you're going to try that, make sure you do the price match using a different email address).
HTH!

I am going to try this on the double later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for posting! :)

Chrissy

HTH!

Can you please explain how to do this? I'm just stupid or something.

I tried to do Bing cash back a couple weeks ago and when I clicked on diapers.com it'd just take me back to Bing.

How does all this price matching stuff work?

How do you get a magazine rebate?

It sounds like you guys do this for fun! Can I just give you my credit card number and you set me up?? :D

poohbear

Can you please explain how to do this? I'm just stupid or something.

I tried to do Bing cash back a couple weeks ago and when I clicked on diapers.com it'd just take me back to Bing.

How does all this price matching stuff work?

How do you get a magazine rebate?

It sounds like you guys do this for fun! Can I just give you my credit card number and you set me up?? :D

Once you go through bing, you won't see anything after you get to diapers.com. You'll get a confirmation email after, so no worries. not sure why it didn't take you through - think it was probably a fluke. I would try again. Otherwise I think fat wallet is 6%. Ebates is 4...

Pricematching - call diapers.com - tell them you want to pricematch the item to the other website - give them the coupon code that brings it down.
They will put a coupon in your cart.

If you're a first timer, they have gotten pretty strict about not letting you use 10percent for 10 percent off for baby jogger, but you can call and beg.

If you add diapers, you can use a referral code. There is a section that has referral codes, I have to go grab the link.
ETA - here it is http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=110005&page=2

On the order page, you will find the magazine rebate, but I'm posting it here - you mail it in stating you don't want the magazine (they'll send it anyway ;)). It's for $10. www.diapers.com/helpcenter/parenting.htm.

Sadly, I do find this entertaining. I'd love your credit card #, I could use some new shoes - ha ha :)
This was the cliffs notes version, so PM me if you need a more detailed step by step or help walking through all this!

scape1224

I am using my mom's email to check out hoping to get the first time code, just emailed them about that.

Through bing can I use my email addy or do they need to match?

Also, is it a big deal if I have it shipped to my address vs. hers? If it is no biggie since she is only 5 min away but she works each day and I am home so want to be there to get the stroller.

You have been such a great help through all of this. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC