Had to turn the LO I babysit today.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
:( It was so hard to look back and see her looking back at me. She's 2 1/2 and only 30lbs, but is 36" in a Scenera. It was harder on me than I thought it would be. I can't imagine how it'll be when DD has to be turned! E just looks so little to be FFing...I wish I could afford another seat for her!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Why did you have to turn her? Did she have less than 1" above her head? If so then she outgrew it rear facing. But the shell on the Scenera is tall enough to get most kids to three or four rear facing.

Two and a half is better than most kids. :)

Wendy

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
The Scenera has a RFing limit of 36" and E is a little over 36" At least she's still RFing in her parent's cars. I only have her 2 days a week. I just didn't realize it'd be so hard on me having to turn her.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That number is irrelevant. As long as she has more than 1" of hard shell above her head she can safely rear face. :)

Wendy

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
You know that many techs use rear facing height limits as "guidelines" and use the hard and fast rule of "one inch of shell over the head." Almost all children who are only 36 inches tall can fit for a very long time rearfacing in the scenera.....it is a parental choice of course, but one I'll happily make for my own kids.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Thanks. I thought the 1" rule only applied if there wasn't a specified height in the manual. I'll have to look at how much shell is above her head. I looked quickly today before installing her seat and it looked to be probably an inch exactly. She's tall for her age and has a long torso.

Mom2FiveGirls

I was getting ready to say that DD#5 must have a shorter torso than I realized. She's 37 inches and has a few inches above her head in the scenera. I'm pretty sure she'll outgrow it by weight before height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC