Drive through wildlife park? What seat/where

mburks26

We were going on a Scenes tour drive this weekend. Drive through animal park. Wondering whats the best for dd to use for this trip.

stats are almost 5 (June 9)
around 40 45lbs
at least 43 inches tall.

If I know my dh he gonna say front seat no belt would be just fine for this 9.5 miles and no faster then 15 mph. (they have guided tours in safari type jeeps that are open and no belts, we are not doing that)

We have GN in middle 2003 F150 full 4 door truck.
Should I move outboard or up front (seat all the way back)

I have a Vivo as well but think the head wings would interfear with her seeing (can't do middle with Vivo lap only)

Purchase a backless harmony lite rider for use during the drive though the park only she wouldn't have any head wings to see around.
Us the GN in backless mode requires taking it apart and putting it back together before we enter park and after.

This is for in the park only. To and from will be harnessed in GN.

TIA

I know backless is not recommend for her age due to the side impact but if somethings gonna happen at this park its gonna be rear end fender bender type stuff. I know we will be going less then 15 mph. I'm not making excuses to use a backless I don't want her in one till at least 9 part time and full time 10. I'm trying to decide what would be best here for her to see everything and still be in a seat belt.

ADS

MomToEliEm

We have done the drive through wildlife parks and had both girls outboard in the regent seats. Do the windows roll down in the back where she would be able to feed the animals (provided you want to feed the animals from the car)? I would either move the nautilus to the passenger side so she could have better viewing of the animals or get a harmony backless so the nautilus doesn't have to be moved. Backless boosters aren't ideal for that age, but for what you are using it for, I would be fine.

monstah

I'd just move the Nautilus outboard for the whole trip. Maybe loosen the harness a bit just during the tour so she can peer around the seat. Have fun!

mburks26

Thanks still not sure what to do here which would be better. I can hear dd saying I can't see and dh saying ok get out and stand or something. I guess I could try the GN outboard and a little looser harness then I do, and go ahead and get the backless just incase?

christineka

The literider is $13.50 and will be good for 6 years. I think it might be a good investment for a trip such as you are taking. Then it can be used for older friends or cousins, and then she can use as a spare in a few years.

mburks26

Thanks had grandparents pick one up. I just hope I can figure out the belt guide on them its already attached the seat right and just adjust the strap so the guide is at the shoulder if needed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC