More pictures of the Rumi

monstah

Safety 1st posted more pictures from their loft event on Facebook.

rumi.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=3903234&id=32252524353
"Ryan Hawker, Senior Product Manager Car Seats, shows the new technology being debuted in the Rumi Air Convertible Car Seat."

safety1st.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=3903261&id=32252524353

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
:yeahthat:

But I don't see a RF beltpath either. Hopefully it's not a FF only seat? Though the lines are similar to the Safeguard child seat.

Those notches in the bottom of the seat (in front of where the bum would go) don't look like a standard Dorel RF belt path opening to you?

TerisBoys

Those notches in the bottom of the seat (in front of where the bum would go) don't look like a standard Dorel RF belt path opening to you?

Oh. I didn't look close enough - I thought they were just cut-downs for lap belt in a booster. That seems awful close to the 'bight' of the carseat for a beltpath.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think the perspective makes it look shallower than it is. To me it looks about the same as the Scenera I've got sitting right here, when perspective is accounted for... So we will see, I guess!

christineka

Now I see the rfing belt path. I wish it was bigger. I scraped up my hand threading the seatbelt through the complete air.

Heather86

I agree with the pp who said combo. If you look at the pic where the seat and the plastic-ish thing are next to each other it kind of lines up with the red belt guides on the bottom :twocents:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The Dorel Rep I saw on Saturday said the Rumi (pronounced Roomy BTW. The rep and I were making jokes about playing playing car seat shuffle because you just know people are going to say Rummy) is a combination seat.

crunchierthanthou

The Dorel Rep I saw on Saturday said the Rumi (pronounced Roomy BTW. The rep and I were making jokes about playing playing car seat shuffle because you just know people are going to say Rummy) is a combination seat.

Thanks. I was guessing "roomy" although, it doesn't look that big...

I'll bet those slots in the bottom of the shell are for the harness. you can really see the lap belt guides in the background here.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
It never ocurred to me to pronounce it anyway other than "roomy". ha.
Right, the harness for 5 -pt mode has to be threadded through somewhere, good call.
It's clearly a nauti competitor.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, if it is a combo, it would certainly be "roomy" in comparison to the dratted Cosco combo seat...

BabyKaykes

So that makes the Rumi that Nautilus-looking seat then.

Then what's that other convertible seat in the middle of the 1st picture? The Avenue Air?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC